•37•

•No more interruptions•

*3rd person pov*

-Boarding house-

Stefan and Lydia had spent the whole day together, walking in the park, eating lunch at the grill, and now they were home alone at the boarding house, Stefan was cooking dinner.
Lydia sat on the couch and smiled when she heard dishes clattering in the kitchen, with a content sigh she got off the couch and headed towards the kitchen.

Lydia stood in the kitchen entrance watching Stefan work on the meal, she smiled and quietly walked towards him. Wrapping her arms around his torso, she nuzzled her head into his back.

"What are you doing?" He smiled when he felt his girlfriend nuzzle into his back, he put the wooden spoon down and used his vampire speed to lift Lydia onto the counter behind her.
She squealed and wrapped her arms around his neck while his hands made their way around her waist pulling her closer to him.

"What are you looking at?" Lydia asked an awestruck Stefan, he just smiled and leaned his head against her chest. Lydia giggled and placed her hands on his blushing cheeks, she thought it was adorable when he got embarrassed.
"You're beautiful" he whispered causing her to now blush and hide her face, in the most cheesy way possible he lifted her chin up to face him, kissing her passionately.

"Woah woah, not in the kitchen" they heard a voice, Damon. Stefan sighed and backed up looking towards Damon with an annoyed sigh.
"What do you want Damon, you said you were staying out?" Stefan said, Lydia could sense the frustration in his voice.
She slid off the table and walked towards Stefan and his brother, grabbing his hand she gave Damon an annoyed look.
"Yeah I got bored so I thought I'd come crash your party" he said with a smirk.

Lydia felt Stefan's hand tense up, he was having a little trouble with his bloodlust and he just wanted to cook dinner for his girlfriend.
"Damon can you please find somewhere else to stay, Stefan's stayed elsewhere when you and Elena had your night, we just want to eat dinner in peace...alone...without you." She told him as nicely as she could.
"Fine, don't want you losing your head" he said with a smirk.
"I won't be he one losing my head" she smirked back, Stefan smiled a little at that, he remembered Lydia telling him about the crazy guy who tried killing her.

He walked away with a roll of his eyes, they listened to the front door close. Stefan smiled and used his vampire speed to grab Lydia and zoom her against the counter again.
He placed a quick kiss to her lips and then turned back to the spaghetti he was making.

Stefan had finally finished the spaghetti, with no more interruptions, the two teenagers were now sitting by the fire eating dinner.
Stefan couldn't help but sending quick gazes to the pretty girl he called his, her hair tied up in a bun so it didn't get in her food, her makeup was cleaned off when he was making dinner, and lastly she sat cross legged in pajama shorts and one of his shirts.
Stefan admired her natural beauty, he smiled when she sucked up a noodle, spaghetti sauce getting all over her face.

"Uh do we have any napkins?" She asked while looking a Stefan innocently, sauce splattered on her face.
Stefan smiled and sped away, speeding back with a wet cloth. Lydia went to grab it but Stefan was already dabbing the sauce off of her face, Lydia smiled at his cuteness and let him finish clean her face.

     After they had finished eating, without getting to much messier, they both found themselves on Stefan's bed, wrapped up in blankets and watching a movie

Lydia started drifting off to sleep so Stefan turned the tv off and snuggled closer to her, wrapping his arms around her tightly and nuzzling his head against hers.
They both let out content sighs, for the first time in a long time, they were both genuinely happy and they weren't going to let anything ruin it.

"I know we haven't been together very long but I wanted to tell you something..." Stefan trailed off, still holding Lydia closely.
Lydia shifted slightly, staring into his forest green eyes.
"What's wrong?" Lydia asked when she saw the worry in his eyes, what he was about to say was not what she would ever think he'd say to her in this exact moment.
"There's nothing wrong, I'm just worried that I might ruin this by what I want to tell you.." he whispered, making her feel slightly better but she was still a little worried.

"I love you Lydia.." he whispered while staring deeply into her eyes, hoping that she would see just how genuine his love for her is.
"I have for a while I think, when I first met you..I had the original family's coffins, I didn't see you as a threat even though I had no idea who you were or how you found me, I felt like I could trust you. You ended up saving me with your incredible banshee abilities, after that I always had an eye on you, I wanted to know more about you, I wanted to know that you were safe. Eventually we became friends..I'd even go as far as saying you were my best friend, we had been through so much together and every time I saw you smile, I smiled, every time I saw you cry, I wanted to hold you until it stopped, every time I saw you angry, I wanted to kiss you and tell you that everything was going to be alright. Now I have you..now I can do all those things and I can honestly say, in every relationship I've ever been in.....I've never been this happy...this in love with someone" he finished, taking a deep breathe after.
Lydia was frozen, he loved her? All this time he loved her?

     Green eyes stared into green eyes, Stefan stayed quiet as he stared into her eyes, he didn't need a response he knew it was still early in their relationship and he would wait until she was ready to say it, he just needed to get that off his ...

Green eyes stared into green eyes, Stefan stayed quiet as he stared into her eyes, he didn't need a response he knew it was still early in their relationship and he would wait until she was ready to say it, he just needed to get that off his chest.
Lydia realized she hadn't said anything yet so she jumped up onto her knees, smashing her lips onto his. Lydia moved so that she was sitting on his lap, she felt him wrap his arms around her never breaking the kiss.

"I love you too" she whispered when she pulled away, breathing heavily, lips tingling.
It was official, they weren't ever going to let anything happen to what they have, to the love they have.