•17•

•A ball?•

*3rd person pov*

-Lockwood mansion-

Lydia was sitting at the dining room table, eating some cereal and staring into space. She was thinking about everything. Beacon hills, her dad, her friends, yesterday...she was worn out but she couldn't escape her thoughts.

"You weren't here yesterday night" she heard behind her. Carol.

"I went to check if you were alright and all I saw was an empty bedroom and an open window". Lydia froze, she hadn't thought about Carol checking up on her. She didn't know what to say.

"Lydia I know that you're new here and everything but you should've told me, it isn't safe to be out at night. There are people that will hurt you if they see you alone, I'm just looking out for your safety, I don't want you getting hurt.." she spoke again while sitting down across from Lydia.
For some reason Lydia snapped. She had so much on her mind, she was stressing out, she just snapped.

"You don't want me getting hurt?! Maybe I'd have a better chance at not getting hurt if you had just told me the truth. I know the dangers here..vampires, werewolves, witches. I know about Tyler, I know about Caroline, I know about all of them. I also know about you Carol! Mayor by day, council member by night. I know all about the council and the founding families. I also know that you only "don't want me getting hurt" so that you don't ruin your reputation. You're the mayor of this town, that's what everyone sees. But what they don't see is how selfish you really are. You cheated on your husband with my dad. You got pregnant with twins, from both men. You found out Tyler was a Lockwood and I was a Martin so you gave me up and took Tyler home and acted as if nothing had happened. You got a happy life, you had a family, I had nothing. My dad was never home, when he was he was with a new girl, I was practically raised by my grandmother, and when he was killed I was forced to move and live with my deadbeat mother. Your little council book club hunts the supernatural, mostly vampire, but the supernatural. I know about how you were suspicious of Tyler being a vampire so you vervained him, I know you would've killed Caroline with hesitation, I know you would've killed any of my vampire friends without hesitation. You tried so hard to keep all of this a secret, claiming you were just trying to keep me safe, keep me out of the supernatural world, well I'm sorry Carol but you're too late!" Lydia spit out, letting her anger take over. She knew she would feel bad later but she had been holding it in for so long it felt really good to let go.

  "What do you mean I'm too late?" Carol asked with caution, not wanting the teenager in front of her to blow up again

"I mean you're too late. The supernatural evils have already gotten to me" Lydia said calming down a little.

"Are you-are you a vampire?" Carol stuttered out, watching the girl in front of her roll her eyes. Lydia answered back with some sass but quickly turned serious after.