•27•

•Familiar•

*3rd person pov*

-Lockwood mansion-

     Lydia woke up at around 6:00am, she barely slept at all last night. She heard Carol's voice downstairs, she was talking to someone, a man.
The front door closed and Carol headed to her office, Lydia lied back down and tried sleeping again.  She didn't get very much but it was enough to keep her grumpiness to a minimum.

     It was a Monday so she'd have to get up eventually, thankfully Carol had woken her up or she'd have slept right through school.
     Lydia was dressed and ready for school, Tyler was still home so he drove her to school, he could tell there was something wrong but he didn't push her. She'd tell him when she was ready, they'd grown close again and he had promised if he were to leave again he'd tell her.

-School-

     The bell rang signalling to everyone that class had started, Lydia wasn't excited for chemistry, Stefan was in that class...and so was Elena.
     Making her way to the back of the class, avoiding eye contact with her two former friends as she walked by.  Elena turned and tried sending her a smile but Lydia brushed it off like there was no one there.

     The whole class consisted of Elena trying to get Lydia's attention, Lydia ignoring everyone, and Stefan sending her sneaky glances missing the company of the strawberry blonde though he wouldn't admit it, he was still angry that she would accuse him of helping Elena kill Kol.
     He didn't know about the plan, he just had to either wait for Lydia to realize that or he would have to subtly prove it to her without seeming too desperate.

     Lunch had quickly rolled around and Lydia was happy for that, apparently ignoring everything makes you hungry.
     Lydia quickly left the class when the bell went and headed straight for her locker, she needed to be quick though, knowing Elena she would be by her side in an instant and Lydia didn't want to see her right now.

     Luckily Elena was distracted by Damon who for some reason was in a high school, Lydia got outside before Elena could get to her.
    After finding an empty table, she sat down and started working in her English work, she really didn't want to be at school anymore so she told Carol if she could skip the last two blocks, she would tell her everything that was bothering her. Carol of course agreed.

     Lydia was waiting for Tyler to drive her home, he was talking with Caroline so Lydia did her work while she waited knowing that they needed to talk.
     The ride home was full of conversation, Tyler and Lydia talked about everything that happened when he was gone, she was actually smiling, it wasn't a 100% I'm great smile, it was more of an I'm good you don't have to worry smile.
     Lydia walked up to the front door, waving goodbye to Tyler as he headed back to school.  As soon as Lydia closed the front door Carol was by her side, wanting to know what was upsetting her.

     Lydia told her everything, she told her what happened, how she felt, and honestly it felt really good to get it off her chest.
     Carol sat beside her and hugged her whenever Lydia would get emotional, she loved that Lydia was starting to open up to her more.
     Tyler had called and asked Lydia if she wanted to meet at the grill after school was out, Lydia smiled as she read the text answering back quickly.  She was excited to hang out with just her brother and not anyone else, they haven't done that in a while.

-The grill-

     Tyler and Lydia were currently sitting her her favourite booth, drinking lemonade and eating fries. They were talking again but this time it was about Lydia's life back in beacon hills.
     The more she spoke about it, he worse she felt for not talking to her friends, there was so much going on she just forgot.  When she finished her stories, she went quiet as she thought about her friends, she missed them.

     Allison, Scott, stiles, everyone.  She was taken out of her thoughts by Tyler's voice.

  "Wanna go for a walk?" He asked with a smile. Lydia smirked at that.
  "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" He rolled his eyes and let out a laugh before getting up and throwing some money on the table.
     Lydia followed him with a smile on her face, she wasn't thinking about what happened a couple days ago, she was happy...that all changed when she saw the Scooby gang walk in.

  "Lydia!" Caroline spoke up first, surprised to see her friend with a smile

  "I haven't heard from you in a while.."
     Lydia had a bored expression on her face but once those words left Caroline's mouth, it was quickly replaced by a sarcastic smile.
  "Yeah well I was actually mourning the death of one of my best friends so I'm really sorry that I didn't call Caroline, next time I'll be sure to call you right away" Lydia spoke with annoyance, anger quickly building up.
  "Lyds-" Tyler warned her knowing that people were looking now.

  "You know what, I'm not dealing with the right now..thank you Tyler for taking my mind off things for a bit, I'll see you at home" she spoke lowly, trying not to draw more attention to herself.
  "Lydia wait-" Elena quickly said to her friend but she was already out he door.

     The gang followed Lydia out calling her name and apologizing but she just kept walking.  The sound of a dirt bike drew her out of her angry state. It reminded her of Scott.  Wait...that bike looks familiar?..and that car...and that jeep...oh my god.

     Lydia froze in her place, her friends stopping behind her wondering why she stopped so suddenly.  Lydia just watched the car park.
     Tears immediately sprung to her eyes as a familiar brunette hopped out of the car.

     Allison.