•36•

•Girlfriend?•

*3rd person pov*

-Lockwood mansion-

Everyone had finally woken up, Stefan and Lydia were sitting in the kitchen eating lunch.
Their meal was interrupted by a couple of groans coming from the other room.
     Caroline walked in first, Elena following with Malia, Allison, and Bonnie trailing behind her.

  "Why are you guys up already?" Caroline asked while putting her hand over head, hoping it would help her headache.
  "It's lunch care, you're hungover" Lydia told her with a giggle causing Caroline to roll her eyes.
     He wide eyes quickly snapped back to the banshee and the vampire, a smirk replacing her frown.

  "So you guys are together now huh?" She asked, crossing hers and waiting for them to come up with some excuse

  "Yes as a matter of fact we are" Stefan stated with a small smirk, Caroline was definitely not expecting that answer.
     Allison smiled and clapped her hands quickly showing her excitement. Bonnie, Malia, and Caroline all shared her excitement while Elena just smiled.
     Lydia could see that she wasn't thrilled about it but she'd have to suck it up.

  "I'm happy for you guys.." Elena trailed off while heading back to the living room. Allison rolled her eyes at that, looking back at Lydia surprised to see her smiling, she thought she'd have been upset that her friend was upset.
  "Ignore her...you're the only one I want to be with, you're the only one I'd go to the ends of the earth to save, you're the only one I want. Not her, never again. She is happy with my brother, I'm happy with you, if she can't let the past go then that's her problem." Stefan stated confidently, love and adoration swimming in his eyes as he held his girlfriends shoulders, staring straight into her eyes so she knew he was telling he truth.
     Lydia just smiled, sure she cared what Elena thought before, of course she doesn't want her friend to be upset, but Lydia was happy with Stefan and she wasn't going to let anyone ruin that.

  "I know Stefan, I'm not angry or upset, I'm happy" Lydia spoke quietly, getting lost in his eyes completely forgetting about the four other girls still in the room.
  "Awwwww" Caroline cooed while holding Bonnie's hand.
     Lydia rolled her eyes and stepped away from Stefan to head upstairs, sending a look to her friends to follow.

     Lydia got up to her room and saw Elena packing her stuff, Lydia turned around to let the girls know that she wanted a minute alone, she'd tell them about her date after

  "Elena...are you okay?" Lydia asked cautiously, standing close to the door in case anything happened.
  "Yeah why wouldn't I be?" She answered back with an aggravated tone.
  "Well you just went upstairs and now you're packing, I thought something was wrong.." Lydia trailed off, trying not to be rude to her.
  "No nothing's wrong" Elena answered back with a frustrated groan as her bag wouldn't zip shut.
  "Elena just tell me what's wrong..I know it's about Stefan and I so say what you want, he's not here" Lydia spoke with a slightly frustrated tone in her voice.
  "You're dating my ex Lydia!" Elena quickly whipped around, raising her voice. Lydia was taken back, didn't she say she was rooting for them to be together yesterday?
  "And you're dating his brother! So what?" Lydia accidentally let her bitchy side out, honestly it felt really good.
  "That's different Lydia and you know it!" She answered back sounding like she was about to cry, shoving her clothes into her bag to make it shut.
  "No I don't know it Elena! One day you're saying how you think we'll be together and the next you're acting jealous, and it's really not different Elena. You left Stefan for his brother, you moved on and when he finally moves on you start acting like this. It's not fair to him and it's not fair to me. I rejected him for months because I didn't want to hurt your feelings, I pushed him away because I didn't want you to get upset but now I really don't care how you feel. One minute you're happy that he's moving on and the next you're acting like you want him back. I'm sorry if me dating him upsets you but for once I'm thinking about me, now if you have anything else to say that doesn't follow the lines of an apology, I suggest you get the hell out of my house" Lydia practically growled the last bit.
     She couldn't believe what just happened, Elena made the mistake of talking shit about Lydia's relationship with Stefan once and now she's doing it again.

     Elena stopped packing, realizing what she had just done. Tears streamed down her face as she turned to face Lydia.
     Lydia watched with a straight face, she didn't really know what was happening.

  "I'm so sorry Lydia, I don't know what's wrong with me. I-I just...Damon and I have been having some problems and I guess I just took it out on you guys. I am happy for you and Stefan and I want nothing more than for you to be happy, you guys deserve it more than anyone I guess seeing how happy and I love you guys we're got me thinking about how Damon and I are. I'll make it up to you for what I did and what I said but I need to find Damon, I need to fix things.." she started looking around the room frantically, grabbing more of her things and shoving them into her already full bag.

  "It's okay Elena, please stop taking your anger out on me though. I'll forgive you but next time not so much. Now go get your man" Lydia told her with a smile, Elena smiled and gave her friend a hug before using her vamp speed to leave.

  "Well that was...interesting" she heard from behind her.
  "Well you know how us girls are, drama queens" she said with a smile, wrapping her arms around Stefan's waist.
     He placed a quick kiss on her lips and then admired the beautiful girl in front of him. Man he loved her.