Chapter Five

Flashback

.

.

Clock ticks.

.

.

.

When the crowd started splitting, I noticed another guy lying still on the ground and the people didn't seem to care at all. They were all leaving and though my head was telling me to drive away before one of those gangs see me, there was this stupid conscience of mine obliging me to check out the stranger. After minutes of civil war inside my head, I opened the door and with all the guts I had, I walked towards my expected death. I really hope this time that fairy would grant me my darn wishes for being a kind-hearted idiot! I yelled at myself.

I was getting closer when I saw a bunch of rags spread over the body. When I finally reached the spot, I figured out that those weren't rags but money. A bunch of paper bills over his body. Woah. He wasn't moving and I could hardly see his face because it was partly covered with paper bills and the only light that reached us was from a lamp-post five meters away.

I knelt down and reached out to move some bills from his face but before I had the chance, a tight grip on my hand stopped me and the stranger rose to meet me face to face.

My eyes were going to pop out at any moment as I stared into those familiar blue eyes. His raging orbs suddenly turned shocked with disbelief. I pulled my hand away from his loosened grip as rats began running faster and faster within my chest.

It's him, NHG!

"What are you doing here?!" He asked with shock still evident on his face.

"What are you doing here?" I unintentionally repeated his question and silence lingered on us in a moment of déjà vu.

**********

"You okay, man?' The awkward silence was finally extinguished. I turned around where the voice came from and saw a tall man puffing a cigar. I could hardly recognize his face for it was dark but I saw he was wearing a white shirt under a leather jacket, his black pants too tight for his thighs.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just some bruises." NHG said, raising his hand. He started picking up the paper bills from the ground. I stood up, feeling out of place from their conversation. What the hell am I doing here anyway? I thought.

"Who's this chick? I didn't know you like country girls." The man stared at me, probably counting my fingers and limbs, making sure I was normal. I just stood there like an effing statue.

"Spare her, Rick. She's just a stalker."

What the f--

NHG stood up, tucking the bills into his pockets, his bruises now purplish. I stopped myself from leaping over to hit his already swollen face.

"Excuse me?" I snapped instead, sending him a deadly glare.

"I better go then. I'll call you for the next match." The man called Rick threw his disgusting cigar and stomped on it before turning his back to leave.

It's me and the ridiculous guy again. My monthly period had just taken over that morning and that was why I couldn't control my emotions. Whenever it was the time of the month, the bitch inside would take control over my being. I faced him bravely crossing my arms, his expression neutral like the girl in Twilight.

"To set things straight, I. AM. NOT. A. STALKER. You understand?!" I yelled out and he just rolled his eyes like a bitch while mocking me.

"I was driving around and got lost, okay? I saw the fight and then you. I-- I-- I thought you were dead." I stammered at the last words as I tried to explain. The guy looked at me incredulously and shook his head.

AGAINजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें