Chapter 5- Brotherly Love

Henri walked up the gravel paved driveway to where David and his son James were playing a game of basketball. Madison was in the yard playing tea with her dolls and teddy bear. She was the first to spot Henri and ran up to him. "Is that little Maddy?" Henri asked as he picked her up. The girl's skin was freezing, and he knew the dark-haired beauty had to be cold. Unlike the boys she wasn't running around working up a sweat.

"What are you doing here? I thought you weren't coming back 'til Christmas?" Maddy said remembering how her uncle only showed up once a year and that time came not too long ago.

"You remembered when I told you I'd be back sooner than you think?" he asked.

"I thought that it was one of those white lies grownups tell so you don't miss them," she smiled.

"You think I'd lie to you, my favorite girl?" he asked as he threw her in the air. The girl giggled and squealed.

"What are you doing here?" David asked as he approached his little brother.

"I thought you'd be happy to see me?" Henri smirked. "Did you miss me Jaime?"

"I guess," the boy shrugged.

"I guess," Henri said looking at Maddy. "At least I know you love me, even if you think I'm a liar."

"I wonder why she'd think that." David said as Henri smirked at him. "C'mon guys let's go inside."

"So, is anyone going to tell me what happened here?" Kelley asked as the boys drink in the kitchen.

"My lady friend this century was a witch, and she helped me out," Henri smiled.

"You're lady friend, who?" David asked.

"I'm not at liberty to say, but I think she's in your class," he shrugged.

David's grip tightened around the neck of his beer and he bite his lip. He couldn't believe he never noticed it before. His brother was bound to the girl of his dreams, and she would forever be connected to him.

"Oh, stop it, you can tell us. We won't embarrass you," Kelley said wrapping her arms around David's waist.

Henri couldn't help but glare at his brother. He never understood the hold David had on women, but Henri always knew his brother didn't deserve it. Henri wanted to believe that his brother would never hurt Kelley, or risk hurting his family by indulging in his feelings for Aria. He wanted to believe in his brother. However, the man standing before him did little to stir Henri's faith.

"I'm sure it wouldn't matter I kinda blackmailed her into helping me," he said being honest. If his brother was in love with Aria, he wanted him to know the truth. "I can be pretty persuasive with my tongue."

"The poor girl," David said taking another sip.

"Tell us who it is. I don't really see you with any of his students they are all"-

"Generic carbon copies."

"Not all of them," David said to their defense.

"The girls defiantly," Kelley said agreeing with Henri.

"You're thinking about my intro class," he laughed.

"The upper classmen are strange rangers," she laughed, all except one, she thought. "Aria," she yelled. "Aria's a witch?"

"What about Aria?" David asked playing dumb.

"That's Henri's charge, isn't it?"

"It's not Aria. Her family, witches?" David said making his wife sound crazy.