Chapter 20- Sins Of The Son

Henri sat at the long aluminum table, his handcuff cladded hands before him. He knew there was no other logical link for Kaitlyn's attack. If she had described being attacked by an incubus, then there was no reason he was under arrest. It was impossible for them to prove anything in court. Henri looked at his reflection through the huge two-way mirror.

Lukas came into the room after a short period of time. Something about the fact that Logan wasn't going to be questioning him comforted Henri. He felt Lukas was the reasonable one out of the family.

Lukas handed him a bagel and cup of coffee. "It's not much of a dinner, but it's better than starving," he shrugged

Henri looked up in Lucas' eyes. His act of kindness would come at a price. "I didn't hurt Kaitlyn. I don't know who did," Henri said as he slide the food back across the table to Lukas.

Lukas smiled, and offered Henri half of the bagel. "I know you didn't do it, but I need information from you," he admitted. "I was doing research on incubi and I found out they have the ability of possession. They can even possess someone from their home Cochrane. What do you know about that sort of thing?"

"Possession isn't a common ability among us. It would be easiest to assume the form of the person you wish to possess. However, you'd only be able to possess or shift if the person has a connection to the Netherworld."

"What does that mean?"

"It means the person has to make connection to the Netherworld, a magical plane, or they have to be vulnerable to vice."

"So, the person we're looking for has to have a connection to the Netherworld or a vice?"

"Yes, drug abuse, gambling, pornography, sexual abuse something like that."

"Do you know anyone that fits that description, that would want to hurt Ashley, Whitney, and Kaitlyn?"

"No," Henri admitted.
_IUMB_

Aria waked into the hospital to see her roommates all in Kaitlyn's room arguing. "What's going on?" Aria asked.

Grant turned to her with a smirk. "Henri was arrested for attacking Kaitlyn. I told you he was a sociopath."

"Grant you're not helping," Iesha yelled.

"I never said it was Henri. I never saw their face I just felt them holding me down and I couldn't move," she said.

Aria's heart pounded in her chest. She didn't believe it was Henri, but the alternative was worse. "I'm going to the police station."

"I'm coming with you," Stella said.

"No, I have to talk to David first. I'll be right back," she promised

_IUMB_

Aria walked up the cobblestone walkway to the front door. She knocked and shortly after David answered the door. The side of his face was bruised, and his lip was fat and swollen. "Can we talk?" she asked.

"Yeah come in," he said as he moved aside.

Aria walked in and notice the family pictures on the wall were gone, and that there was broken glass on the floor. "What happened?"

"I told Kelley the truth and she took it better than I thought," he said. "I am sorry that I did this to you, but I love you Aria. I don't want to pretend I don't."

Aria took a step back. She was standing in the destruction loving her cost him. "David you can't love me. I want to be with Henri, and you love Kelley. That... I don't know what that was, but I don't want that."