Chapter 16- Love Of A Mother

Henri texted Stella and told her to meet him at Ashley's apartment. At first, she was hesitant about going back to that place. She could still feel the death's grip on it. Stella walked down the hall to their door. There were flowers and candles around it. Whitney's mom framed a picture of them and put it on the door. Stella's heart sunk as she looked at their smiling faces. Both of them were happy and full of life. Both of them had a bright future in front of them. It angered her to know someone was selfish-heinous-vile enough to steal that from them.

She placed her hand on the door and did the opening spell as she did the night, she found Whitney's body. She walked in and most of the girl's stuff was already removed. Everything but Ashley's final painting. Stella looked at it and loved the mixtures of blues, and the movement it naturally created. It would have been amazing if Ashley finished it.

"What are you doing in here?" Cohen asked.

"I wanted to come by, visit," she smiled.

"It's unreal right. That they're gone," he said in a soft voice. Stella never saw him act so human before. He was all testosterone; she was sure he was on steroids or some other drug.

"Death gets easier with time, but it's harder when you don't see it coming. I'd never think in a million years Whitney would do this," she cried.

"It's okay," Cohen said as he comforted her.

"She was always so sweet and funny. She didn't deserve what happened to her," Stella cried.

"It's okay."

"Ella you alright," Henri asked as he charged into the room, after he heard her muffled cries.

"Yeah we were just talking," Stella reassured him.

"I don't think you should be here Stein," Cohen said.

"I have premising to be here, do you?" he challenged.

"I'm picking up a box Ash's mom forgot, so I do."

"Whatever," Henri said turning to Ashley's painting.

Cohen smirked and went to the bedroom.

"Why are we here?" Stella asked him.

"I want to finish Ashley's painting. Professor Hegang wants to hang it in the gallery, but I think Ash's mom would want it," Henri said.

"That's really sweet of you," Stella said.

"This is amazing. She was amazing. Everyone should know that," Henri smiled.

"You know you're really sentimental for a guy. It's cute," Stella said gushing over Henri's words.

"Don't ever say anything like that in public. Now grab an end so we can cover it and move it to the studio."

Henri pretty much carried the painting into the studio himself. Stella was of no help. She kept complaining about the frame leaving a mark on her delicate hand. "It's a little curcit," Stella said as they looked over Ashley's painting.

"It might have been straight if I had a little help," he said.

"I can fix that," she said. Stella moved the painting by twitching her finger to the right a little. "Perfect."

"You couldn't us magic to help me get this thing her," Henri yelled.

"I could have. Why are you complaining you have superhuman strength?"

"I'm not a vampire," he laughed at her.

"You kinda look like one," she said. "Isn't the whole energy syphoning a vampire thing."