Chapter 28

Adam and Brook were lingering over their breakfast when Zane came marching up to them.

"When is Riley and Logan going to be back?" he demanded. As much as the pups in his team helped, he needed to see his oldest pups and get comfort from them.

Adam grinned, "Well, they were going to be leaving tomorrow, and they are looking a bit cramped, with Graham having found his mate. I'll have the bus prepared and you can leave shortly to meet them there and bring them back. Will get you doing something good for a couple days."

Zane nodded, "That sounds good." He replied before stalking off.

Brook chuckled. "You're going to have a fight when he realises he was set up."

Adam nodded, "And I'm looking forward to it." He agreed. He and Zane rarely sparred, as they were both very busy. He always looked forward to them, as they were his best workout. They tried to avoid breaking bones, but both usually were covered in bruises when they were done.

*****

Zane growled when him and a few of his team came out with their overnight bag, and the bus was already there. Adam was leaning against it with a grin on his face. He considered saying something to Adam but frankly he needed to see his kids and say hello to their mates. It was needed far more than to have a fight with Adam. Maybe when he came back he might growl at him but for now he was too tired to even bother. Last night had helped a good deal though he knew his team was going to be wolf piling him for some time.

Adam grinned, "I had planned on sending you there right as you got off the plane, but had got messages from Kad and Mike, and pushed it back. This is a job uniquely for you. I have been getting mixed, but mostly positive reports from Tala's team. Some are nice and good, but there is also a recommendation to not open dialog for a while, till they are more settled." He let out a deep breath, "I need your view on it. I just have a request that you don't kill anyone; it would look very bad for us, and would affect relations with other packs."

"I'll try not to. Don't have any urge to end up an Alpha again. Being made Alpha of a second pack wouldn't do my resume all that much good. Besides if I was made an Elder of two packs I might become a lone wolf." With a nod he helped the younger pups into the mini-bus before climbing in himself. Someone else could drive since he wasn't in the right place to consider it. Once seated he leaned against Kat and did his best to relax.

Even as he was relaxing against Kat, Beth leaned against his other side and stroked his neck, *We'll be there soon enough and after that to the lodge to relax. We'll start talking there and help you deal with what you had to do. Love you Zane and we'll take care of you.*

He enjoyed the touch which helped him relax, "Love all of you as well." He didn't want to talk but knew he would need to. It was something he'd learned as he was dealing with his feelings about being turned by the rogue. Before he realized it, he'd slipped into sleep again. His body was forcing him to sleep with a bit of help from Beth and the comfort from Kat. Someone passed a blanket that they tucked Zane into.

*****

Adam called James on the direct channel they had set up. He had passed him the directions and contacts for the technical equipment. As MacLaren was closer, he had also passed them the contacts he had there for tech support. "As I had thought, Zane and some are on their way. They are going to be there about dinner, and expect them to leave after breakfast."

James nodded. "I had always wanted to meet with Elder Zane."

Adam laughed, "If you want to annoy him, call him 'Elder'. He really prefers to use the title 'Second' and really doesn't like being called Alpha or Elder." He had to think about it before changing what he said, "Actually right now just call him Second or Zane. There are reasons which I'm not going into. He is off for two weeks along with his team."