Chapter 18 - Full Moon

Human-Tom still was blaming everyone else for his issue, and moaning that he should be listened to. Keeping the grumbling, he had been good enough that James had let him join in on the Moon Night.

Arriving at the spot for the hunt, wearing the hated collar, Tom grumbled as he found out that he was assigned to support spot, not leadership or some place important. James was still being a pain, and his rules were Not How Things Were Done! He could see changes that he couldn't remember where he had seen them before, but he grumbled all the more for that.

Wolf-Tom sighed and decided, that while he wanted to get out and run, he needed to get his human to start listening to him, instead of ignoring what he said. He decided that he would have to do something that he had never done before.

Human-Tom had issues sleeping the last few nights; his wolf kept wanting to have him give in and accept the Upstart's leadership. So far, he refused to give up is ideas to take back control of the pack, and be the power behind it. James was making it worthless, since the pack didn't fear him, and because they didn't fear him, he wouldn't be able to control them. Also, he would have to watch out for them to try to attack him.

*I don't know how he is still in power. If I was this nice, I would have been attacked by the pack and from other packs!* Human-Tom complained to his wolf.

**The times have changed. Pack boundaries have been solidified, The packs are nowhere as isolated as they had been even a century ago.** Wolf-Tom reminded his human, **If another pack attacked, we do have other packs that would help—even the packs you oppose; Wild Valley, MacLaren, and their friends—they would be there as soon as James asked them for help.**

*I doubt that* Human-Tom scoffed. He really doubted that they would do so.

**They had been sent support instantly to every other request, even if it was a small thing, and they had stayed around till they were no longer needed.** Wolf-Tom reminded him, sharing his distaste of his human's thoughts. **They have taken their commitments and agreements not just the letter but also the spirit!** If it wasn't for the fact they were so young, his human would respect them. Wolf-Tom had seen they were acting much like Ralph.

That old Alpha they had few interactions with—travelling the distances back then was much harder than it was now, and face-to face, or letter was the only ways they could communicated back then. Both sides of Tom had deep respect for him. The world was lessened with his passing. The pack had refused, and even the then-next-alpha, and current alpha, Gareth, had refused to fight the challenge till he started to show his age more, when he was 430, and the "Great War" as the humans called it, was happening. Nobody had said exactly what was decided, and what happened, but they suspected it was wanting someone younger in control.

The humans had totally forgotten about the Were Wars that had happened in what they called the "Dark Ages", as there was no record that they accepted about it.

Some movement brought Wolf-Tom back from his remising. Everyone was stripping down for the hunt. Human-Tom needed to have a shake up, as he was ignoring or disregarding all of his thoughts and feelings. It was not good, and they needed to get back in sync. If they didn't... Wolf-Tom didn't want to go there yet, as the best would be a quick death.

The Eldest seemed to have been keeping an annoyingly close watch of them, too. It was as if he could sense that they were not working together. What he was going to do would make them under even closer watch. It probably will piss off his human, but he had to be showing that it was their body, not just the human's. He hoped he would take it as a wakeup call.