Chapter 15

Author Note: This ties into part of @MaxD01's "We Come in Peace" story part of the Folican Chronicle series. I recommend reading that! Parts here are to give a bit of background, but if you don't read it, you may be a little lost. Parts of this scene tie into it's Chapter 15.

~~~

Flashback

They had finished at the UN, and instead of taking a ride on a military plane back, as it seemed slow and noisy, they had a request accepted to get a ride with the Folicans to their ship, and likely, to be beamed back to their pack. They had left in an uproar, as the Folican's two most active deities had made a showing in the Security council chamber.

Fury gave them a good look, "We do know of planets which would work for you. We don't have enough people to colonize them. We colonized other worlds to try and save our race. Now we know better but we still have worlds you might be interested in and we'd be pleased to move some of you to the planets. Not sure what your thoughts might be but think about it." It would give them a world to be completely who they are.

Adam gave Zane a look, before turning back to Fury, "That offer is very kind. I would need to discuss it with the other Alphas, but I do know that packs are starting to get larger, and may give some population relief. It'll probably take a decade or two to discuss it, before anything further happens. If you have information on the planet, that would be nice."

She gave him a good nod, "Can do. Kevin will provide you with the information. For now, we can do the scans if you don't object and then see about the communication implant." Fury took a cup of coffee from Fiery and relaxed since she needed to recover from the afternoon, "If you want we can beam your mates up and to an extent anyone else you feel might have a use for the communicator." Fiery was offering drinks to the others. For the males, it was the Pack Lord's dark ale if they wanted. Either that or Orange juice.

"Our mates should be enough for now." Adam replied, "Please have it arranged to beam them up. I would want to see how it affects us for now, before we see about anyone else. Usually it is us mainly being in contact with those that visit. We have a standing policy to keep at least one of us four at the pack if at all possible, and one thing we had learned, if there is no Alpha—or some adult to stand in for them—at the pack, the bonds will start to have issues at about a month. I see no interest to test that out." Although he very rarely drank, he accepted a mug of the ale with a quiet thanks.

*****

Adam growled, as the discussions with the wolves and cats in Russia and China were being obstinate. Those in North America had agreed after not too much work that they could be the pack to send the first explorers. He had willing to promise that other packs would also be permitted to send colonists, if they did end up getting the planet.

Right now, the site he had set up—with mirrors on each continent that real-time synchronised each other, so in effect, he wasn't the only one controlling it—to contain all the information they had been passed on the planet, including its conditions, was hopping with contributions from many packs.

Quite a few had put in requests for locations, and so far, the only conflict had been reconciled by the two packs both relinquishing claim to it and picking another spot.

So far, much of the planet was forested with plains and some mountains, with a slightly higher oxygen content, and much of the water being fresh, not salty. There were an abundance of herbivores, and a similar number of predators to what Were records had before the invention of the gun decimated them, and no intelligent species.