Chapter 17

Tom woke up slowly, and stretched. He suddenly was fully awake and growled at his wolf. He was shifted to his wolf. His wolf felt content for the moment. That could only mean that they had worn the infernal collar and gone to eat with the pack.

His wolf gave him a surprised view, **What? I was hungry, and you were going to refuse to eat! The Alpha is punishing us for your actions.**

*They are forcing us to change!* Tom defended as he shifted back to human form and pulled the collar off, tossing it at the door. He started to pace the room.

**They are our Alpha. You need to let go.** His wolf told him before he moved back and curled up, not wanting to speak to his human half. His human was going to need a major shakeup to change his ways, and to fully realise that he was not in control, and that he had to listen to his other half, as he hadn't since he turned over control of the pack. **I will do it again if I need to.** he warned.

Tom growled, when he tried to do various things on the computer. He couldn't access e-mail, the internet, chat, or even documents! He could access the library, but only the historical section, and only a very limited list of books. He growled. Pulling out the e-reader, it had just those same titles! He had no interest in reading about other senior members of packs that tried to hold onto power. It's the upstart's fault that he was having issues! He should have settled in, and the upstart should have let him make the decisions! Then he wouldn't have this issue.

The wolf lifted his head, **That Upstart deserves your respect. He is our Alpha! He has beaten us twice!**

That Omega would have not caused him to be now imprisoned in his own room!

**Not an Omega anymore...** His wolf reminded him, **Also, you didn't need to push him that hard! You could have just slowed slightly even, and not had him in your way** Wolf-Tom was going to try to 'educate' his human... hopefully that would work. **Maybe, you should read the stuff left for you, so that you can see how others solved it...** he suggested. It probably would take several days before he did. The would didn't really have the ability to read, that would need the human side, but was very curious on what happened. He expected to see death or the elder learning to give it up, as those were the two viable options.

*****

Kevin was giving Smiles a curious look as they were sitting in their guest suite and Beth was sitting at the table. He wasn't quite sure why Beth was there but for the moment he didn't care. The steak was smelling wonderful as was the potato and mixed vegetables. He gave the cake a hard look before looking at Smiles, "Not going to ask and going to simply enjoy the meal. How's it been going Beth?"

Beth pulled her large plate over and leaned over and sniffed the food. For tonight she went for several large salmon steaks and some lobster. Both were in herbed melted butter and smelled wonderful, "Not bad currently. Still have some patients but most of them are what I would consider having minor issues. I'm enjoying having a bit of time to relax and not worry about if I need to help others." She knew that Zane was likely to need her help once the Rogue was dealt with, so was keeping herself ready.

Smiles leaned over and wrapped a hand around Beth's neck and gave her a light kiss, "Know the feeling Bethany. Sometimes even I need a chance to get away and relax. I love my mate and our pack but even Liraque need a break occasionally. Usually it is between clients but for those mated with Pack Fathers , we don't have that option. We can go on break to relax and recover. If you need come to the Enclave and get away for a while. We can bring you back to your pack if an emergency comes up."