Chapter 25

After Zane had talked to Mik, he had discussed what he'd learned with his uncle and Kad. They had placed a call to his former pack to inform them Mik had been caught. They were going to send an elder to speak to Mik. If he wanted, the Elder would represent him for the trial phase. It probably wouldn't matter but it was his right to have one made available to him. Part of this was because they wanted to show the ADA they did follow the laws as laid down by the pack.  Not just to the letter, but also the spirit.

When everyone was shown into a conference room they were in he stood and waved them to the table, "Come have a seat. Not sure if you want to eat now or after we talk. It isn't going to be a pleasant talk since we are discussing a potential death sentence." If they had been in the suite it would have been to tight for everyone to sit at the table. There was David, Leon, their two house mates, the ADA, Kailee, Kat, and several others. Kailee's girl was being watched by his junior wolves.

As he was talking he'd waved them to the table and everyone sat down. Kailee was looking strained and angry, "All I have to say is I want him dead. Beyond that I don't care. He kidnapped me, threatened me, used me, and would have done more if I hadn't been saved. He knocked my daughter out, tied her up and now she's having nightmares. Even with the help of Beth she isn't sleeping well."

Zane had seen the report from medical though he didn't mention it. She had been raped but it was way to soon to know if she had gotten pregnant. How probable it was he didn't know and he hoped she wasn't. It had been hard enough for Izzy and it had been consensual, "Understood Kailee. Much of what I wish to talk about is remuneration to those who've been impacted. You, David, and Liza have been the most impacted. Leon and their roomies have been impacted but this is for those changed or in your case used by the rogue. I know money won't resolve the issue but it's pack policy for anyone rogue changed will get a portion of what the wolf owns or owned."

He pulled a report out, "I know David has a well-established company but he'll still get a portion. You are well paid Liza but again you'll get a portion and the same for Kailee and her daughter. Being this was caused by Mik's hatred of me I'm going to be adding some money to the pool. Don't bother saying no since one way or another you'll end up with it. If not you then your children." He looked up from the report and met their eyes. It was obvious he was being serious when he said that.

Liza frowned, "I'm not supposed to accept things like this due to my job. I can provide you with several charities you can donate it to in my name."

Since Anita was in the room, she gave Liza a look, "If you had been driving and in an accident, you'd get some sort of payment for pain and suffering. This is no different. It is payment for the pain and suffering caused by a wolf and nothing else. What you choose to do with the money is up to you. We had a feeling you'd feel this way and I talked to the DA and he agrees this is an acceptable case where you can take the money. It isn't like you are trying a case for or against one of the pack or even the pack or one of the businesses; you are one of the victims."

David frowned at Zane as he was thinking about what they were being told, "Why would you feel the need to toss in some of your money? How much are we talking? Not from you but from the rogue?" He really didn't need the money but having some extra wouldn't be anything to complain about.

Leon rolled his eyes and elbowed David, "Down boy. I'll talk to Zane about having me made the executor of whatever you receive. We are not going to invest in some other car or bike you want. Maybe a few fine quality art pieces."

Zane couldn't help but grin at the two. He still didn't like David but he had changed over the years and it showed, "Considering Mik was fairly senior in the pack, he was well paid. Based on the report from his former pack from him there is about $250K. The pack is throwing in a matching $250K. Mind you that is total to be split between the three of you. Since this happened in Kadrian's territory, he's adding about $250K as well. From me I've discussed it with Adam and have withdrawn funds to the tune of half a million. Part of that is from me and part from the pack. There will be $1.25 million to be split between the three of you."