Chapter 22

The next morning, after an early breakfast, and making sure they stayed away from Tom, the rest of the team mingled with the pack, with most going for a run then some weapons work.

Tala and Tommy headed into James' office for a meeting with the Alpha.

"Come in, come in!" James said with a smile, as they were escorted in. The receptionist closed the door behind them, and James had them sit down on the couch.

"I have heard that there was a system for dealing with applications?" James started.

Tala nodded, "Yes, and while Tommy gets the laptop ready, I'll give you the overview." She replied, as Tommy unpacked the laptop, for doing a live demo. She took a big breath, as this was the third time on this trip they had done this demo. The other two were small packs they were just staying the night at, that the topic of recruitment came up and they found out they hadn't even been aware of it. "Alpha Adam realised that they would be flooded with applications when they came out, so they designed the system then. It really helps to weed out those that wouldn't be willing to commit, as it also gives them the general information about our Laws, punishments, and details about being Turned. The Alphas have the Master account for the pack, and they create delegated accounts for others, for us we did all the elders, the Seconds and a couple on their team, a couple on the Alpha team, us two, and a couple others that help out with monitoring or filling in. At any point, if you have a name, e-mail, or phone number, you can override and accept an application for further review, or blacklist, and hide it."

Tommy was ready and turned the screen so James could see it, "This is a demo system, that is on the Werenet, not the live one. It works very similar, but skips a few of the verification checks, and just simulates them." He took him through the applicant process of creating a user, which had the general laws that basically all packs had, then an agreement that they wouldn't try to get around the system and make multiple accounts.

"Here, it generates an e-mail for verification, and puts it in a queue." Tommy told him, "You can see an ETA for it to arrive, and number in position. That system is there to slow it down, so we don't get overloaded."

"Also, to make sure we weed out those that are very impatient. If they try to make a new account without waiting, it blacklists them." Tala added.

"When it sends the e-mail, it changes to requesting the verification code from the e-mail, then it will ask for a phone number, and call or text them, and get another code." Tommy stated, "After that, it checks the mailing address by generating a snail-mail letter with another code."

Tala grinned, "We have packs around the globe that help with that; we do all of western Canada, another does Eastern, and four do the US."

Tommy took up the narrative, checking the spots as if they had been done. "Next, it starts gathering the information, with forms to sign off. It requests for Credit History, Enhanced Background Check — now, we do that in-house with the help of the Folicans.—"

"Wait." James interrupted, "You have contact with the Folicans? I thought they left."

Tala looked at him with an almost challenge, "I can't force you, but please keep that to yourself. They are still around, but for similar reasons for us taking so long to come out, they are staying hidden. They are waiting for the humans to decide to work together instead of against each other. Anything further about them, you will need to talk to our Alphas." At his nod, she turned to her mate with a frown, "You are not supposed to say that."

Tommy looked sheepish, "Sorry." He replied. Getting back on track, "It asks employment history, and then goes into details about what sort of work they are looking to do initially. It also asks if they want to be Turned. They can also tie in family members to their application, mostly spouse, or children."