Chapter 13 - James vs Tom: Fight!

James grinned from his spot in the circle, "Or we can declare you Rogue, and just kill you..." he offered.

Tom snarled and jumped into the circle and tried to pounce on James... who wasn't there, and he got a face full of dirt.

James had moved to the side and shifted to his Were form and raked Tom across the side with his claws. He barely broke the skin, but it caused Tom pain. Tom yelped at the suddenness of the attack. Turning, he shifted, shredding his clothes in the process.

Pulling the shredded clothes off, he tossed it at James, following it up with his own attack. James swatted Tom back, blocking the attack.

"I am Alpha," James snarled. "You will pay me the respect of that. You will follow all the rules and direction that I set. I will not have you doing this again." He punctuated each sentence with another swipe of Tom's side. He had been working with the wolves to train hard. Since there were none near his strength, he had two, three, and even four Betas attack him at once to work out. Four, he usually didn't win, but three was usually a draw. He had been doing more to train, and he hoped that his request to Wild Valley would bring an envoy that could arrange for some of his Betas, and even Deltas to visit for training with them.

Tom snarled, with blood dripping from his sides, refused to answer, as there was nothing he could say to that; he had stepped down, "Is this how you intend to rule? Challenging the Elders to fights?" he taunted.

James swatted Tom across the face, leaving furrows along his cheek, "You ignored what I had told you; that this pack was not going to be run through fear, and would not have the strong bullying the weak. I suspected that I was going to have to take it to a challenge circle at some point, but didn't think that I would have to do it this soon, and definitely not with you."

The pack nodded and made noise of agreement before James continued, attacking Tom with his paws, leaving bruised flesh under his fur, "You were an Alpha, and are now an Elder. You are supposed to be setting an example." He growled, "Not being one that needs to be corrected!"

James hit Tom in his belly, knocking his wind out, which had Tom falling to the ground, as he tried to breath.

James growled, "Do you submit or do we continue?"

Tom growled breathlessly, and attacked James, connecting for once. It left gouges in his side, but failed to disable the upstart. He growled more, partly in frustration. This pup had learned more than he had taught him. It seemed like he had held back too, when they last fought, which was disrespectful and underhanded.

James growled back, that made several of the wolves watching drop to their knees, as they could feel the power. Many others looked like wanted to as well, even though it wasn't directed at them. Others smiled, as all could feel the power behind the growl, and knew this wolf was powerful, and would protect them.

James moved forward and after breaking one of Tom's arms, and lacerating the other, he swatted his head, knocking him out.

He turned to the offended wolf, and could see that he didn't want him killed, so nodded to him, and shifted back to human as he stepped out of the ring, "Put him in one of the punishment cells. I'll deal with him later." The two enforcers nodded, and after a medic had bandaged his wounds, they dragged him off to the cell. Maybe a couple days of being in a cell would cool his temper.  They didn't do any healing, as that was part of the punishment.

Many wolves howled in agreement of that, while others growled, still wanting more punishment.

James put his arm around the offended Omega, "This wolf has been punished enough; I call his offence over, and re-ranked as an Unranked." Many of the wolves howled their agreement of that. Before the wolf could say anything, he directed him out, "We need to discuss what sort of punishment Tom needs to get." He spoke to him. To the eldest, he nodded, for him to join them; since Tom was an Elder, the Eldest would speak for him. Since the former-omega was the worst offended party, he would help set the punishment.