Chapter 16 - Punishment Starts

Smiles was glowering at her VR monitor. There wasn't anything wrong, she was just tired of, what did the humans call it? Oh, right, SSDD: same shit different day. She needed a break and that was it. She finally stood and walked into Kevin's office and plopped down in his lap, "You are going to take me on a vacation or else. I need a break or I will start eating the contracts."

When she stalked into his office and settled in his lap he could feel her discontent. After listening to her he gave her a light peck, "Fine, shall we see if Adam is up to having a few Folician's? A break sounds good and there isn't anything major on the calendar for the near future."

"Good or else. I want out of this place. Don't feel like going to New York for some meal. I want to get out in nature, relax, and maybe seduce a few wolves." By now the wolves had come to understand parts of the Folician culture. They still had some problems with the 'mated playing the field' but enough had accepted it so she could play and so could he if he wanted.

He started laughing, "I see how it is, need some new experiences? Tired of all the males around here? I'll call Adam or Zane shortly. Now go, avoid eating any contracts, and I'll let you know what is going to happen." When he nibbled on her neck she growled even as she started to melt into his arms, "I see how it is, time for a break I think." *Gloria, Smiles and I am busy. Give us a half hour and take care of the business.* He picked her up before carrying her around his desk and settling her down on the carpet, "This is what you get for issuing ultimatums to me." He drew her into a good kiss as he was working her robe open and let his fingers start exploring.

*****

It was a week later when they appeared in Adam's office, "Thanks for letting us come up for a week. Smiles was needing a break and to be honest I did to. Work has been busy and our pups seem to have been going nuts. We dumped them on Gloria and Storm so we can relax and have fun." They settled down on a couch when Adam waved them towards it. Both had made sure to contact him via the communicator before they had transported over. Even after all these years, just appearing in his office was considered a bad idea.

Adam laughed, "I do keep the open-door for all the Folicans on the planet. I remember needing vacations from Tala, when she was young. Luckily, there were doting grandparents we could give them to. Your usual guest room is ready for you to enjoy our rustic accommodations." Several of the Folicans had commented on it, since they didn't have nanites running around doing all the tasks, and most of the controls were still push buttons on a touch screen.

"Right now, Tala and her team are visiting the other packs we have the closes ties to, so they can introduce the three new mates to them. The newest two are under-age, so it shows them that being part of the team is going to just be plain hard work, and to show them some different weres."

Kevin grinned, "I fully plan on enjoying it. Now that the four of you are comfortable with the communicators and they've shown not to cause problems they are considering expanding them some. Not the full package such as we have but access to the internet, making cell calls, basic controls for the rooms. You don't really need the nanite package flowing through your blood such as we have."

Smiles growled at him, "Talk business later. I'm going to go and soak my tail in some hot water." She knew their bags would be delivered to their room by the transporter. Her shield was already down and she paused outside and enjoyed the feel of the sun on her face and the clean breeze ruffling her hair. A slow smile crossed her face as she was starting to really relax.

Kevin watched her leave the office, "She needs a few minutes to relax. Work has been hectic and even Liraque need the occasional time alone. I might just go for a long walk and relax myself." He gave Adam and Brook a good hug before heading out of the office and the building. By the time he made it outside Smiles was gone though he could tell she was in the hot spring. After stretching and enjoying the sun and breeze much as she had, he started just wandering. He had been around much of the property but today he went in a direction he hadn't been before.