Chapter 21

Tala and Carla were up and well awake a couple hours later, and Tommy pulled his mate close when she joined them. The rest of the team had relaxed in their suite for the couple hours they were down.

"We decided to wait for you for most of it, although we did decide that Graham and Aiden should stay out of sight for at least a couple of days." Tommy said, "Hesta volunteered to make sure they get food to their room, and when she arranged it, she found out some interesting information."

At Tommy's look, Hesta took a deep breath, "It seems that Aiden is well liked by the 'Unranked' here, and while officially he had the rank, most felt he deserved a higher rank. He just preferred to follow his morals instead of cozying up with the leaders, so his excelling was just rated as 'barely adequate' which blocked him from advancing. It seems to be changing now that James is Alpha, but many felt that with his preference, it would be a while before he could be ranked where he should be."

Tommy smiled, "From what I sensed, I am wanting to record his rank as Delta, with your permission?"

Tala sighed. She wanted to growl at whoever was keeping him down, but that wouldn't change anything. "Do it." She agreed, looking at the other mated pairs who were there, "It is always better to have Mates ranked the same."

Jake frowned as he considered what Tala had said, "What does that mean for us? He is a wolf and we aren't yet. Do we need to wait until we are changed?" They had been busy enough watching their mates work there was a great deal they hadn't learned about. Add in working at the club, this trip, and even reading the manual he simply didn't know.

Rachel didn't bother worrying about it. Trying to get to their level was going to be very hard and she wasn't going to force it. Even if she eventually made it to his level she was still going to end up working with the pups as a teacher one of these days. It was something she'd always wanted to do. Before then she had to go to school to learn to be one. Then she would need to be interviewed by Willow and the Elder in charge of training.

Tala nodded at Jake, "You will get the training you can, and will have the authority. Some of the physical work is beyond your ability, so it won't be expected of you. You are expected to apply yourself."

Tommy nodded, and responded to Tala's order, "We'll have him training over winter to hopefully pass the Delta qualifications in the spring." Taking a deep breath, "For my initial look at the pack; from what little I see here so far, I am liking what I see. The fact that Tom's bullying has already caused him to be on disciplinary action seems to support that. After dinner, I want to send in a quick report to the Alphas."

Tala nodded and started to herd them out the door, "I'm hungry. Let's see how their food selection is."

Tommy grinned, "You're always hungry." He teased, as he pushed her gently out the door, closing it behind them. They joined the line of the pack, and many gave smiles of welcome to them, chatting with those around them so they could get a feel for the regular pack members. They chose a spot at random sitting down almost as far as they could from the alpha's seat.

Tala grinned at the wolf beside her, "How's the food?"

Ed smiled slightly, "Good. Especially since my arm is out of the sling, so I can cut my own meat!"

Tala frowned, "Why was your arm in a sling?"

Tommy sat down facing them, so he could join in with the discussion.

Ed sighed, "You weren't around but, Tom had come out of the Alpha's office enraged, and he decided to shove any he could reach out of his way. I had the misfortune to hit a side table and knock over the fragile urn, that cut up my arm, then the heavy table fell on it, cutting it more, and shattering the bone."