Chapter 11

Zane and Kat were jolted out of sleep by Damien beating on the door to their room before opening the door, "Have another possible rogue changed human. We need to get going. I'll be downstairs waiting for you." He left the room as the two were starting to get up.

Kat sat up and looked at Damien, "Wonderful, we'll be down momentarily." She rolled out of bed even as Damien was leaving the room and Zane was getting up. Neither bothered with fancy clothing and ended up with shorts and shirts. She grabbed what she needed even as Zane did the same. Both rushed out of the room and downstairs.

One of Damien's team held the back doors of the SUV open for them before closing the doors and climbing in the shotgun seat. It didn't take long to get to the scene since a police car escorted them. When they arrived, the paramedics had the woman on a gurney and an IV started already. Zane walked over after showing his pack ID. He leaned over and carefully sniffed the woman, "Fucking bastard bit her too. Take her to the Tire Mac' Dona pack. Back soon." He pulled his clothing off and changed.

Picking the scent up wasn't hard and he set out to try and find the rogue who did this. The scent was familiar but that was the most he could say for the moment. His wolf was trying to put a name to it too. He knew Kat would be right behind him as he tried to find the bastard who was doing this.

She had started stripping down when he did and shifted. She quickly caught up to Zane and the two of them were concentrating on finding the fucker who was doing this. They had to find him before he turned anyone else. If he was turning people to get to Zane it was possible he would start killing as well, which was even worse.

Damien watched them leave and sighed, "Do as he ordered, take her to the pack. I've contacted my father and they will have a room ready for her. If she has family, someone needs to be brought to the pack to sit with her. If not, one of us will."

An officer who had arrived just before the wolves had handed an evidence bag over, "This was on the woman when the Paramedics started working. Since this is a wolf related issue I'm turning it over to you initially. Sign the bag to maintain the chain of evidence. Once done with it, contact the department and we'll come and retrieve it."

Damien did that before handing it to one of his enforcers. They had been trained on police procedure and knew what to do with it. The woman signed it as well and tucked it into her pack, "Will do. Do you know who the woman is?" They talked for several more minutes before he jerked his head towards the SUV. They were going to need to wait for Zane and Kat to return before they could leave.

The officer finished taking the statements from the ones who had discovered the woman before he climbed into his patrol car and left. He was going to need to go to the pack and get some more information but it was going to have to wait. Damien had talked to the officers several years ago about a number of wolf related issues. In the case of a turn the person was going to be out for an average of two weeks before they woke.

When Zane and Kat returned it was about a half hour later and he shifted and jerked his clothes on. His expression was the coldest Damien had ever seen. It was obvious he was furious as well. Instead of saying anything he simply opened the back door for the two before climbing in and pulling away from the location.

*****

When they arrived back at the pack house Zane was still bloody furious. He had been informed of the identity of the woman and it just made it worse. Having David changed was one thing but an ADA? That was like opening a can of worms and whoop ass for him. This was quickly devolving into a fucking mess because someone was targeting him. He still couldn't bring the scent to the front of his mind. They knew it but couldn't place it. It was making him even more frustrated. Having a frustrated wolf wasn't a good thing since it tended to make them want to either break things or kill things. Later he might need to go for a good run and hunt.