Times Ticking

I'M BACK! HOPEFULLY YOU'RE ALL BACK AS WELL!

*****************

Brooklyn's POV:

*****************

      Within the last two weeks my life went from crazy, to calm, and now back to crazy. It was a crazy mess making sure everything was packed up and ready to go for the big move then calmed down a bit while we all travelled together but then picked right back up when we arrived and everything we had packed needed a spot.

We choose to drive up to the new house in Canada, which let me remind you that it is a 20 hour drive! Thankfully the one perk of having an immortal family is that that long drive doesn't include any reasons that the drivers would need to stop and rest. I started off the drive packed into my dad's jeep with literally a three foot section for me to sit in surrounded by our belongings. I spent most of the time either talking with my parents about what life is going to be like now with school and sports, clearly avoiding the obvious discussion of my upcoming change. The change that was decided would wait until I was settled into our new house.

When we reached a tiny town which I would consider a village called, Cache Creek, I rode with my grandmother's white Range Rover which had the most space in the back for me to fall asleep, at least the best sleep you can get on a 20 hour drive. Our little convoy of cars consisted of my grandma driving her Range Rover with my grandpa in the passenger, followed by my parents in the Jeep, then Uncle Edward and Aunt Bella in his Volvo SUV which was packed to the rim, following them was my Aunt Alice in her bright yellow Audi R8, bringing up the rear was Uncle Jasper in my Grandpa's Tesla. The rest were all planning on purchasing new vehicles when we got settled in.

Pulling up to the house my jaw dropped open in sight of the beautiful house that Grandma Esme designed. The sun was already setting as we pulled up and the lights shined through the multiple large windows within the home showcasing the true beauty of the house. A bed was already set up for me when we got there so I was soon helped into bed in my new room which I couldn't wait to decorate.

*****************

Rosalie's POV:

*****************

Once  Brooklyn was settled in for the night, tucked away in her bed, we quickly unloaded what was in the vehicle giving it a brief home within the house. There was a very obvious elephant in the room that everyone was avoiding to talk about not wanting to even think about what our future held. Or in reality what my daughter's future entailed...

For centuries I've dreamt of having a child, someone to care and nurture, someone to share all my million life sessions with and now that I've had it it's a complete mess. I guess some called that parenting but in our world we call it the Volturi.

"Excuse me everyone can we just meet quickly in the living room?", Carlisle asked all of us who were dispersed around our new home.

My eyes meet Emmett's as we both silently confirmed what we knew this talk would be focused on. Brooklyn.

Making our way down the two flights of stairs that separated us from the main floor hand in hand the only noise coming from the footsteps around the house and Brooke's breathing as she peacefully rested in her bedroom down the hall from us. Before entering the room I received a quick peck on the lips from handsome husband giving me the little ounce of confirmation I need to know that everything was going to be ok.

"I think it's best we get straight to the point on this matter, " Carlisle said to the group quietly. "I know we don't want to talk about this matter but it needs to be done and certainly done out of little ears without them hearing."

Esme spoke up following his statement , "The most important thing we can do for that sweet little girl is to stay behind her every step of the way. This is hard on us but imagine what it's like for her. We promised to stay behind her no matter what she choose."

"With that being said I've been in contact with Aro and he's agreed to give us two weeks starting today. She must be changed within the next two weeks if we intend to keep her in our family. Which we intend to do. I believe we give her this following week to settle in then follow up the next with getting her prepped for when we change her. As I already know you guys will answer all her questions.. honestly. Do not hold back she doesn't deserve that." Eying us all to be sure we heard him correctly before he continued.

"Rosalie and Emmett we will later discuss with her later on who she would like to change her, if she has a preference that is. For now let's get this house in as much order as possible till my favourite granddaughter wakes up," He smiled before reaching for Esme's hand and whisking her upstairs in no doubt to christen their bedroom.

Carlisle left with a smile in hopes of cheering us all up after discussing the dark matter, but I know if I was able to cry real tears and I would be curled up in a ball in my husbands arms. But for now I put on my brave face and snuggle a bit deeper into my husbands brace in hopes of preparing myself for our next two crazy hectic weeks ahead of us.

__________________________________________________________________

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE

QOTC: What country are you all from? I've looked at the demographics and I was truly amazed where some of you are from!

I can't thank those who have stood by me enough through the years. I hope I haven't let you guys down.

Love Always,

~MACK xoxo