Almost Home

*****************

Brooklyn's POV:

*****************

"You ready Brookie?" My new mother asked helping me sit up in my hospital bed.

Its been about a week since I meet my new adoptive family and I am finally free from this dreaded hospital. My mom and dad have told me about the rest of their family, I've already met my parents of course and my new grandparents; Esme and Carlise, but I haven't meet my Aunt Alice or Aunt Bella and my Uncle Jasper or Uncle Edward (A/N Renesmee is not in this story).

I nodded my head in reply and grabbed the crutches that were leaning on the night stand beside the bed. I placed the crutches correctly under my armpits and steady myself on my left leg which had a walking boot on it.

"Be careful Brooklyn." My grandfathers reassuring voice said from the dorrway that lead to the busy hospital hallways.

I smiled at him to let him know I was fine, knowing I was walking around all day yesterday with crutches.

I lead the way following my grandpa to the front entrance were my parents would sign the release papers and we would be on our way home.

" She's fine Rose. I promise!" I heard my dad whisper to my mom as I looked back to see her carefully analysing my every move, not wanting me to get hurt.

It stayed like that till we reached the exit doors to the parking lot. My smile faded as I watched the rain pour down washing all the dirt away. I came nervous as I thought about the pavement possibly being slippery and me falling down.

My dad must have noticed my facial expressions because before I knew it he was right beside me.

"Want me to care you to the car squirt?"

"Yes, please" I smiled and hand my crutches off the my mom.

As tough as my dad looked I knew he was just one big teddy bear.

"Here Brooke wrap yourself up in my coat so you don't get the flu, Emmet tell Esme I should be home in about 2 hours I just have some paperwork I need to finish up." My grandpa called out to us before we left.

I wrapped his jacket up around myself while my mom and grandfather exchanged words. "Ready squirt?" Asked my dad.

"Ready!" I exclaimed as we raced out to the car.

My dad placed me gently inside their red BMW while my mom set the crutches down on the floor of the car. They hoped in and my father started the engine.

"It's around an hour drive so if you want you can try and get some rest sweetheart." Cooed my mother.

"Ok. Love you!" I whispered and shut my eyes.

"Love you too Brookie." I heard her whisper back.

I quickly made a mental note of all my nicknames so far.

'Brooklyn- Only called when being serious.

Brookie- Mom calls me that.

Squirt- Dad's nickname for me.

Brooke- Everyone including grandpa calls me that.'

I never really had nicknames like that but I'm happy I finally do.

Soon I found myself sucked into sleep as the humming of the engine and my parents silent whispers faded.

________________________________________________________________________________

I didn't included Renesmee because I thought it might ruin my plot idea but I might include her in the sequel if I get enough people wanting one.

Please don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

and

REACT

XOXOX ~Mack