Can You Keep a Secret?

*****************

Esme's POV:

*****************

Finally my first grandchild is coming home! I haven't seen my little Brooklyn since Emmet and Rose went to meet her, and I went with them. She is so cute and fragile!

"10 seconds!" Alice exclaimed, running outside with the rest of my adopted children; besides Emmet and Rosalie of course.

I quickly tidied up the mess I had left over from the cookies I just finished baking, for Brooklyn. I raced to put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher as I heard their car engine die. I pushed wash and ran at vampire speed to the front door but stopped so Brooklyn wouldn't see me.

I climbed out onto the deck with the rest of the family, waiting to see our newest family member. I am shocked that Alice is still standing beside Japser considering how much excitement she had in her. I watched as Jasper held her shoulders down, or tried to, as she bounced up and down. I couldn't help but laugh.

Emmet finally hopped out of his Jeep and open the rear passenger door, with Rose opening the opposite one. A smile crept upon my face as I watched him gently pull out my sleeping granddaughter.

Her blonde lose curls swayed as Emmet carried her up the stairs with a proud fatherly smile on his face. Brooklyn dug her head into her fathers chest as he turned to wait up for Rosalie. I held open the door as Emmet carried Brooklyn in with Rosalie following right behind with her crutches.

I followed them and watched as Emmet set Brooklyn down on one of our couches, making sure she was as comfortable as possible. He quickly sprinted up the stairs so quick any mortal would never have even noticed he left. He came back with a small thin, lite pink blanket and draped it over her.

"I gonna go grab Carlise's jacket from the car. I'll be right back." Emmet spoke, and planted a small kiss on his daughter forehead before leaving.

I watched Rosalie get up from her spot at the end of couch by Brooklyn's feet, and gentle lifted her up and sat back down with Brooklyn in her lap. I got up as well and joined the two on the same couch as them.

"She's perfected." I whispered, smile at Rose.

"I know and she's mine.' Rose replied back not taking her eyes off her own daughter.

We sat in silence even when Alice and Bella joined us and Emmet came back. The whole family said quiet, everyone waiting anxiously for our newest family member to wake up.

*****************

Brooklyn's POV:

****************

I heard soft whispers as I began to wake up. I figure we are at the house because I felt no movement of beginning in a car and I was lying in someone's arms, and I think it's illegal to drive like this.

I rolled over still deciding if I should open my eyes or not. I felt someone's hair rub against my face as I did and this made me open my eyes slightly. I open them just a crack and saw my mothers face looking down on me. I smiled and she smiled back.

"How was your sleep sweetheart?" She asked, wiping away strands of hair from my face.

"Good." I said sitting up in her arms.

"Well your finally home princess." My father said coming in from a different room and kissing both mine and my mothers foreheads.

I smiled and looked around. I gasped as I looked where we were. It looked like we were in a living room. It was huge! There were glass walls everywhere, an enormous flat screen tv, and plenty more. My jaw hung open till my dad pushed it back shut.

We all laughed at my reaction.

"Where is everyone else?" I wondered eager to meet my aunts and uncles.

"They are in the backyard. We didn't want them to overwhelm you so we decided they can come in one by one to meet you. Is that ok?" My mom replied. I nodded my head in response.

"I'll go let them know your awake and send some people in." My dad instructed before leaving.

While we waited my mom played with my blonde hair, while I played with the big clunky air cast on my foot. I felt like a century before anyone came back, but I knew it was probably only a few minutes.

"How many times do you need to be told not to play with that?" Chuckled my grandpa from the doorway, with someone standing right beside him.

As the made there way closer to me, I recognized that it was Esme, my new grandmother.

"Like I said before I got bored." I mumbled embarrassed I got caught again.

"Your going to be quite the handful." Smiled my grandfather, as he once again fixed the cast.

Esme came up to me wrapped her hands around my face and planted a kiss on top of my head. She seems like the nicest lady I have ever met, besides my mom that is. As her hands touched me it shocked me at how cold they were. I shock of horror slid across my face but quickly disappeared.

But I guess it didn't disappear quick enough because the next thing I everyone was looking at me scared and Carlise was eye level with me.

"Can you promise me you won't tell anyone this?" Asked my worried grandpa.

"I promise." I stated.

"Ok. I just want you to know that we don't want to or plan to harm you in anyway. We all love you and care about you very very much. Do you understand my Brooklyn?" Again I nodded my head and realised my whole family was in the living room with us.

"Well we are vampires." He told me.

I didn't know what to say. I'm a nine year old girl living with vampires. I took a couple minutes to process everything and when I did I just said 'Ok.'.

******************************************************************************************

My family explained everything about vampires. They told me about how the are 'good' vampires because they only drink animal blood, and about the volutri, and all the side effects on being a vampire.

It was nearly eleven pm when we finished talking a was on the verge of letting sleep take over me once again. So my parents took me up to their room because apparently mine was ready yet. But before they could even make to the stairs I passed out.

_______________________________________________________________

Please (!!)

Vote (!!)

Comment (!!)

Share (!!)

It helps me know what you guys like and don't like! I am open to options on what you think I should change and possibly put in later on in the story. Love you guys and thank so much for those who are supporting me!

XOXOX

~Mack