If Today Was Your Last Day

-----------------------------------

Brooklyn's POV

-----------------------------------

Nobody would ever dream of being homeless but for me it's reality.

I'm 9 and a half years old and homeless. My parents both died in a plane crash when I was 6. I lived with my abusive aunt but ran away a couple years ago. I don't know why I'm still living, my life is pointless. I have no one to love me, no one to care for me, and no one to help me grow up.

I have been planing my death for around a month or so now.

My plan is to jump in front of a car this afternoon. There is a busy intersection near the park I call home.

I sat up from the park bench I have slept on for who knows how long, and stared at it. This was the last time I'll ever see the bright emerald green trees or hear the birds whistle a tone. Today was my last day.

I walked slowly, taking in my last moments before I was reunited with my parents.

I reached the end of the park and saw the intersection just 15 feet away. No one will or would try to stop me anyways. I walked towards the busy street and took one last final breath.

The walking signs signalled for everyone to stop and let the cars pass but I did the opposite.

I bolt in the junction. I heard the cars breaks squelle, horns honk, and people holler. But I zone it all out and silently whispered to myself, "I'm coming mom and dad..."

I felt the a car impacted my body and the pain overwhelmed me.

Suddenly all went black.

************

Carlise's POV:

************

I ran my fingers through the pile of papers I had lying on my desk. I knew I need to concure the tower before it got bigger.

Grabbing a simple ballpoint pen from my desk I began scanning the papers.

Half way through I was interrupted by one of the nurse that worked along side me.

"Dr.Cullen you are need in emergency services immediately." She said with a wave of worriness over her face.

"What happened?" I asked throwing on my plan white doctors coat and following the nurse out.

"A young girl as been hit by a car and is suffering from sever damage to her lower half. As of right now I believe she is still unconsuis." I listen closely as she explained more details. I take in every bit of information she gives me before the paramedics hand off the young female to me.

***************************************************

The nurse was not kidding when she said the girl was suffering sever damage to her lower half.

After she arrived we went straight into emergency surgery. I place tiny screws right above her right knee where it had broken and the tiny medal plates the either side of her left ankle, also wear there was a sever break.

After the surgery was complete I followed my coliges as they push my newest patient into her own room.

I stayed in the room with the young lady reading over a information sheet about her a nurse had given me.

It read- Name:May, Brooklyn Alexis 

Age: 9 

Date of Birth: April 9, 2003 

That's all we knew about the child,or Brooklyn I should say.

I watch her sleep in peace knowing when she woke the pain will begin. I felt horrible know she will be in pain and I could barely do anything about it.

I left Brooklyn to rest and stepped out into the hallway to make a quick call to my beloved wife Esme, informing her I would be running late coming home and not to worry about me.

I dialled her number and listened to the annoying ringing sound the buzzed my ear drums. I was soon soothed with the lovely sound of my wife.

"Hello?" She sang into the phone.

"Hello Dear, it's just me."

"Oh Carlise is everything alright you usually don't call unless something is wrong." I chuckled at how concern she became.

"I'm fine I just wanted to let you know I will be running a tad late today. I received a new patient who just got out of emergency surgery not to long ago. So I'm just going to wait till the amnesia wears off to make she sure she is comfortable before I leave."

"Ok, well you do that.... Emmet watch your language!" I'm guessing he was either playing video games or watching tonight's football game because that's the only time he ever crused in the house.

"Sorry love, Emmet things swearing at the tv is going to help his team win." I laughed at the though of seeing him yelled at the tv.

"It's alright but I wanted to ask you something."

"What is it Carlise?" Her voice filled with concern.

"My new patient is only 9 and so far we cannot find any trace of her parents or relatives. So I was think maybe we..." I was cut off by Esme.

"Carlise I would love to but do think we can handle being parents again?"

"I was think of someone else to adopt her. Someone that really wants kids but will never be able to have them." I replied hoping she got who I was think of.

"Oh! They would love that!"

"I know so I think I will have Rosalie and Emmet come down and meet her in a couple of days when she is feeling better."

"Alright but I better let you go before Emmet breaks the tv again."

"Ok and tell him if he does there's no Xbox, Wii, or Playstation for a month. Bye sweetheart!"

"Bye." With that the conversation ended.

I really hope Rosalie and Emmet like her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there's the first chapter! I'm really excited to started writing on here! 

Please remember to VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE! 

It helps me now if people like my writing.

I love you all!

Xoxoxox