Decisions

------------------

Emmett's POV:

------------------

Rose and I were able to get a plane at midnight and would be in forks before sunrise. We could've ran the way but I felt that Rose was in no shape to run.

The plane isn't very full and majority of the passengers are sleeping. Of course Rose and I faked it once the stewardess made their rounds.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I asked my wife.

"What are we going to do Em?" She stared at me nervously.

I didn't know how to answer her. What were we going to do? Change her now or let the Vultori take her?

I looked into those beautiful golden orbs. "We'll make the right choice dear and hope for the best. I just got my princess and I'm not going to let anyone take her away."

She smiled at me and rested her head on my shoulder. I knew she was nervous and didn't want to lose Brooke. No one did. She'd changed all of our lives for the better.

Sure she was a handful just like Carlisle had said multiple times before but we all loved her conditionally.

Suddenly she lifted her head and looked up at me. "What if we changed her? Who would do it? I couldn't."

"I'm sure Carlisle would do it babe. Now get some rest love." I kissed her forehead and laid back. I felt her body relax in my hold as I shut my eyes getting the closest to sleep a vampire can get.

___________________________________________________

"Mom! Dad!" My darling daughter exclaimed sprinting out our estates front door.

"Hi baby!" Rose replied reaching for a hug.

I have them a moment before going in for mine.

"Hi princess." I said while pulling her in for a hug and kissed her little head.

"I missed you dad." She sighed.

I swear those 4 words almost made my dead heart beat again.

I followed her up the front steps into our home. "I missed you too."

We said hello to everyone else and explained that Alice and Jasper had stayed in Canada to finish up the house and would be back soon. I knew there was things that need to be addressed just not in front of Brooke.

Rose and I sat and listened to all of our daughters crazy stories from while we were gone until it was time she headed to school.

Rose stood up and announced it was time for bed. "Alright looks like it's time for school sweetheart. You can tell us more when you get back."

"Alright. Bye daddy." She told me giving me a quick peck on the cheek. "See ya later darling. Love you."

"Bye everyone." Everyone replied back with see ya laters and goodbye hugs.

I watched as she followed her mother out the door and down the driveway to her bus stop. I could still hear her tell Rose about her adventures she'd had.

"Emmett I believe we should wait for Rose before we discuss what will be happening." Carlisle told me. I nodded in response.

We all made small talk until Rose came back, then we all sat around the dinner table.

Carlisle cleared his throat unnecessarily "I assume you guys are aware of what happened yesterday evening?"

Rose and I both nodded in agreement.

"Then as you know Aro gave us two options. Either we give Brooklyn to them"

"Which is not an option. I won't let that happen." Interrupted Rose.

I squeezed her that I was holding. "Let him finish dear."

She sighed, signalling for Carlisle to continue.

"As I was saying we have two options. We can either give her to the Vultori, which I hope we don't do, or we can change her. They have agreed to allowing her to be an immortal child but if she makes any mistakes they won't hesitate to do something drastic. As her parents you have the final say in what happens just know we will standing by you."

"What if we don't want to change her." Asked Rosalie.

"Don't think they will give us that option, we pushed our luck with Bella." Edward finally spoke up.

I looked at my wife. "As much as I hate to say this dear, he's right. If we don't do one of those things they won't be scared to take her. And we don't want that happening."

"I guess you guys are right, but we will have to talk to Brooklyn before we make anything for sure."

"We can tell her after she gets home from school love." I kissed her cheek.

"They aren't giving us much time to decide and if we choose to change her we don't have much time for that either." Carlisle told us.

I watched as Rose's eyes widened at this news.

"How much time are we talking about here?" She asked him.

Carlisle sighed. This can't be good.

"They are giving us two weeks to make our decision then only two weeks to change her. I was told that if we decided to change her we need to have a date when we tell them our decision."

Four weeks. That's only four weeks left for my little girl to be human.

I always thought that if we were to change her it would be after she had graduated and lived at least a full eighteen years of her life.

"That's so soon." Rose mumbled as she curled into my side.

I pulled her closer trying to calm her nerves. I knew she didn't want to take all those things way from our daughter. We wanted her to experience the most normal life she could give her and now there was no chance of that happening.

I looked down into her beautiful eyes trying not to get lost in them. "We'll get through this together babe. You, me, Squirt and the rest of our amazing family. We can do this love. I promise."

_______________________________________________________________

Here it is! Sorry for the wait!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

15 COMMENTS and 25 VOTES for the next chapter!

Enjoy❤️

~MACKxoxox