Part 39

ACE (Jeff X Reader)~ The Death Card

                                                            (☼Д☼)   

The first thing the girl had felt was that the ground rumbled. She had never experienced an earthquake first hand, but this seemed to be her first. What surprised her most was that Jeff, EJ, and even Smile was there with her. 

She wondered what it could've meant.

She stared straight ahead, the ground below them shaking and rumbling, yet all of them managed to cling onto the piece of ground that was on their feet. They held their ground. 

Finally what seemed like ages, the shaking finally stopped, and EJ, despite his mask, looked a little green. 

LJ turned to face the girl, who seemed to shrink behind Jeff. He cocked his head. "Do you like to play cards, m'lady?" 

"Um." The girl gulped. She glanced around. "Y-Yeah." 

She corrected herself by giving her a boost of confidence. "Yeah." She repeated. "I could do a game of cards." 

The clown chuckled and nodded in response. With a wave of his hands, he clapped once.

Suddenly a table poofed out in to the middle of the open, a lightbulb dangling above it.

Clapping twice, a neatly stacked deck of cards were piled up in the middle of the table. 

The girl confused, stepped out behind Jeff. "Why are we here exactly?" She asked, hearing her question bouncing up and down, echoing throughout the empty room.

If there even was a room.

LJ shrugged. "It's all part of the game." 
"Just go with it," LJ added, in a low whisper.

The girl puffed out her cheeks and walked towards the table, pulling out one of the chairs. "Well, this seems easy enough, compared to the last games." The girl muttered under her breath.

LJ heard her.
And chuckled. 
"Let's see what easy really means." 

The girl narrowed her eyes. Something was definitely up. But she wasn't going to let her guard down. She sat down and crossed her arms and leaned them far enough out on the table. However, LJ didn't follow her.

"Aren't you going to sit down?" She asked the clown.

The clown shook his head. "I'm good for now. Frankly, you'll be playing with someone else, which is a shame." 

This stunned the girl. "What? Who am I playing with then?" The girl demanded.

The girl, frozen, stood still in her place, but she heard emerging footsteps making their way towards her. They stopped in their tracks, and she heard a familiar voice. 

"Me."

░▒▓█ mEaNwHilE █▓▒░

STATIC. was the only sound that could be heard. A figure, dressed in a tan colored coat, that had now faded due to it's long use, was covering the figure. From seen afar, it looked like as if the figure was possibly male. His body seemed to distinguish a normal human male's body. The big black hat that was covering up his face, that made him seem so mysterious. 

Glancing at one of the many camera screens in front of him, showing a live footage of the girl sitting down, with a confused expression.
This made the Man grin a devious smile, that didn't seem human anymore. Teeth that were sharp white, almost like a shark.