F.O.U.R.T.E.E.N.

ACE (Jeff X Reader) ~The Death Card

                                                                   (ㆆᴗㆆ)

The dark hooded figure kept dragging the girl along with him until they entered a clearing with a dark misty forest, all the leaves were dead, and teh branches were awfully crooked and bent into weird shapes and looked like as if they were hands, reaching out to grab them. 

The hooded figure stopped, panting, his breath fogging the air out. It was awfully cold, the girl thought as she shivered. The male let go of the girl's arm, not saying anything to the girl, he walked towards the trees until he stopped and sat on a tree stump, looking at the girl. 

The girl stood there, not sure what to do except look deep into the empty black sockets of his blue mask. She watched as the hooded figure crossed his legs, lifting one leg and placing it on top of the other as he leaned down to place his chin above his palm, not shifting his gaze away from the girl. 

The both of them stared at each other until the male finally spoke up. 

"So.." The male trailed off, wondering what to say. He hesitated before continuing. "What's your name?" 

Didn't Jeff just tell him not to ask her about her name? The girl thought. She was too busy collecting her thoughts that she didn't answer his question. 

The male sighed, frustrated. "Do you trust him more than me?" He asked. 

The girl narrowed her eyes. "You tried to have my kidneys." She retorted back. 

The male let out a low chuckle. "I guess you're right.." He said. 

The girl glanced down at her feet and began kicking at the dirt. She could feel the male's gaze trained on her. "So.." she murmured. "Are you and Jeff friends?" 

She glanced back up to see the male hesitate for a brief moment before replying back. "I guess.. I mean, we're frenemies, if that's what you humans call that." 

The girl didn't say anything else. She continued to look down at the forest floor again. 

"I'm glad I have someone who'll listen to whatever I say," the male continued. "But too bad that they'll be too quiet that they'll realize that they're already dead.." 

The girl instantly looked up at the male who was already beginning to stand up on his feet, smiling, showing his sharp white teeth at the girl. 

"Jeff told me to give a task." He swept on. He lowered his voice into a hushed whisper. "A task I think you'll fail." 

The girl shuddered, but kept quiet. 

"Ever heard the so-called game, Hide-and-Go-Seek?" He asked. 

The girl didn't respond. 

The male chuckled and continued on. "I'll count that as a yes. I'll be the seeker, and you'll have 40 minutes to hide away from me. By 30 minutes, if I do find you," he licked his lips. "You're mine." 

"And if I succeed?" The girl asked. 

"Then, you'll survive. But I guarentee you, the chances of that, will be very unlikely." He warned. 

He laughed and then turned around, his back facing the girl. "Better start running," he called to the girl. "Before I find you, and have you for a meal." 

The girl started backing away slowy, before turning around and running. She ran and ran, she didn't know where she was going, or where she was, but all she knew was she had to find a good hiding spot. "And soon," she thought.

She kept running and running until she stopped. She skidded to a halt and looked around. She couldn't hear anything except her own loud panting. There were tall dead trees all around her. The girl's eyes frantically darted back and forth, she continued to run. 

After a few minutes of running, the girl stopped again, searching for a place to hide, but there were only trees surrounding her. Before she could continue on the run, she heard a rustle. Frozen in fear, the girl stood in her place, silence taking over her. Another rustle was heard, it slowly became louder and louder.

Slowly, the girl turned her head around, to see the tree branches shaking. As she squinted her eyes above the treetops, she could see something was jumping on them. And quickly. It was much more larger than an animal. But no human would've jumped on them without breaking the branches.

"Maybe it's him.." The girl thought in horror. She turned around and began picking up the pace. She ran faster and faster, her mind swirling with different thoughts and questions. "Maybe it's him," the girl continued to think. "He wasn't human after all." 

Realizing this, the girl sprinted farther into the woods until she heard the rustling beginning to stop. But the girl didn't stop. She kept running and running until the trees began to stop rustling from the noise. 

Suddenly, the misty clearing of the forest began to slowly disappear. She knew she had not much time left. And if the male couldn't find her, she would survive. As the mist cleared, her eyes spotted a dark figure that formed to look like a house.

Eyes lit, the girl began to walk towards the house. As she neared the house, she could see the mold growing on the old broken dark woods that used to sculpt the house together with rusty nails. 

Carefully, the girl approached the broken shelter and was beginning to reach the rusty broken doorknob with her trembling hands but soon stopped as she heard a loud rustle near her.

Paralyzed in fear, the girl quickly tried to grab the doorknob but it was too late. Suddenly the loud rustle began to move closer and then a loud thud could be heard on the ground. The girl quickly grabbed the doorknob and began twisting it but then she felt something pin her down, pulling her away from the doorknob.

She then was slammed into the hard ground, a hard grip on her neck as she tried to breathe. Her eyes began to fog up due to the tears. She blinked them away and focused on the attacker. It was EJ. He was holding her down, crouching just above her, his smile wide as ever. 

He leaned down towards the girls ear and let out a soft whisper that sent chills down the girl's spine. 

"Got you."