S.I.X.T.E.E.N.

ACE (Jeff X Reader) ~The Death Card

                                                         (   ๑ •ㅅ• ๑ )

"I guess you win," the male said, loosening his grip on the girl. He walked away from her and out of the shed until he stopped a few steps out of it. "Don't hide for too long," he said. "I'll find you soon." 

Trembling, the girl carefully made her way out of the shed, looked back at it before running up to catch ahead with the male. As she catched up with him, they both walked side by side back towards the house where Jeff was probably waiting for them. 

They continued to walk along the path of the fallen dead leaves. The girl thought how the male lost his eyes. Was it an accident? She thought. She glanced at the male in the corner of her eye before looking back ahead of her. 

"What happened to your eyes?" The girl quietly spoke up. 

The male didn't answer for a brief moment as they continued to walk but then he replied to her. "Chernobog." He stated simply.

Even the girl didn't know what he exactly mentioned of, it was dreadful enough that it carved out his eyes. She just nodded. The girl didn't say any more until the male led her back towards the house. 

As soon as he delivered her to the front steps of the house, the male stood by the border of the house and the forest. She hesitated before calling out to him. "You coming inside?" 

The male stared at her with his black eyeless sockets. He then shook his head. The girl accepted his response by staring at him back before opening the front door and heading inside before a voice called out to stop her in her tracks.

"Kidneys?" 

The girl turned back around to see the male standing in the same spot. "No!" she called back, heading back inside and slamming the door shut behind her. She stood there for a few moments before letting out a soft sigh as she closed her eyes.

"Tired?" A voice piped up near her ear.

The girl opened her eyes to see Jeff standing a few feet away from her. 

"Yeah," she nodded. 

There was sympathy glimmering in his eyes, the girl thought. But she couldn't be sure, it disappeared as soon as she noticed it. Instead, he looked at her for a few moments before grabbing her by the hand and dragging her behind him.

The girl didn't rebuke, she was too tired to argue with him. She followed him, being dragged towards his room. Jeff sat her down on the soft matress of the bed. Immediately, she felt herself beginning to sink into the soft cushions before her eyes felt heavy. 

Jeff quietly sat beside her as the girl scooted up towards the wall so she could rest. She leaned her head against the wall and felt her eyes beginning to droop. The male looked at her before sighing. He scooched up towards the girl as well and sat beside her. 

"You can't sleep like that," he quietly rebuked the girl. "Just-" Jeff didn't know what to say except grabbing the girl's head gently and placing it to his shoulder. "Sleep." He finished his sentence.

The girl looked at Jeff with uncertain eyes before drifting off to sleep. Jeff glanced down at the small sleeping figure on his shoulder before glancing at his feet. They were right beside the girl's feet as well, he thought, smirking. 

He glanced out towards the window, the moon still lightening up the dark black night. He stared at it with sad eyes, the sudden reminder of his brother, Liu. He sighed again before letting out a low whisper. "Tomorrows game is cancelled." He said to himself, apologizing to the monochrome clown as he looked down at the fragile sleeping girl.

He stared at her breathing form, her back slowly rising and sinking back down. He didn't know what took over him, but he suddenly reached out a hand to softly touch the girl's head, brushing her soft hair over her face, the moonlight suddenly lightening the girl's face to a pale color. 

He stared at her face features before lowering his hand and touching her face with a gentle finger, tracing her oval face and then lowering it to trace over her eyes, her nose, her cheeks, until it finally lowered towards her soft delicate lips. 

He stared at his tracing moving finger as it slowly made it's way towards the corners of her mouth. He traced his finger upwards on both sides, making an imaginary carving smile, like his. Suddenly at his touch, the girl slowly opened her eyes, regaining her energy as her blurry eyes adjusted to his finger and then slowly traveled up towards his face. 

"Did I wake you up?" Jeff whispered, moving his hand away from her. 

The girl didn't answer, but she sat up, hugging her knees as she looked at Jeff. She had a questioning look at Jeff, which made him wonder in concern. "What're you thinking about?" he asked her.

"Jeff," she began, shifting her body towards his. 

"Hmm?" 

"About that guy," she started. "The guy with the black hoodie and his blue mask.." 

"Eyeless Jack." Jeff cut her off.

The girl nodded, suddenly remembering his name now. "Right," she nodded. "EJ." She continued her statement. "I'm allowed to ask you a question now, right?" She asked. "Our promise." She added.

Jeff nodded, looking at her. "I-I wanted to ask about EJ.." She trailed off. 

"Why?" Jeff asked her. "You interested in him?" He gently teased her.

The girl immediately felt her face beginning to heat up as she tried to protest. 

"I'm kidding," he laughed. "Go ahead." 

The girl looked back at him before continuing. "Whatever hapened to his eyes?" She asked him. "I tried asking, but he only said something about this 'Chernobog'." 

"Is it a person? Animal? Thing? Myth?" She questioned him with curious eyes. 

"You do know his past, right?" She continued to ask. 

Jeff could only nod at her. "Do you want me to tell you?" He asked. 

The girl quickly nodded. 

Jeff chuckled, rubbing his hands over his face as he glanced back at the girl. "Swear to god," he murmured. "He's going to kill me for this." 

"It's okay," the girl reassured him. "I won't tell." She made the gesture of placing her tiny finger above her delicate soft lips, as if in silent mode.

Jeff laughed again softly at her funny gesture. He then sighed and glanced back out the window towards the sinking moon that was about to sink towards the rising sun, darkness quickly disappearing with it. His eyes gleamed at the single star that remained defiant towards the rising sun. 

"It's a long story."