E.I.G.H.T.

ACE (Jeff X Reader) ~The Death Card

                                              (╯°▽°)╯ ┻━┻

"Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock."

The sound of the little clock ticking was ticking inside the girl's head, slowly eating up her time, and maybe soon, her life. The girl hadn't notice the exit being closed, instead she sprinted ahead of her faster and faster, until she came into the heart of the maze.

The girl skidded to a halt and panted, trying to regain her strength and her breath. She glanced at her tiny watch that was attatched to her wrist. At first she thought she must be in a daze, for as she glanced down to see the time, instead of the numbers at each 5 minutes, there were different names instead of different numbers.

She narrowed her eyes as she studied the names, each one by one. She counted all 12 names in total.

Number One, was engraved in fancy letters with the name: Clockwork.

Number Two, was engraved in a messy font with the name: Ticci-Toby.

Number Three, was colored in with the color blue with the name: Eyeless Jack.

Number Four, was in a smudgy small handwriting with the name: Sally.

Number Five, was engraved in slanted black letters with the name: Slenderman.

Number Six, had a tiny decoration of a bloody smiled mask with the name: Bloody Painter.

Number Seven, was tangled in yellow bright strings around the name: Puppeteer.

Number Eight, had the bending colors of both yellow and orange with the name: Hoodie.

Number Nine, had also the same bending colors of number eight, but the name changed to: Masky.

Number Ten, was very familiar, smudged in black and white stripes of the name: Laughing Jack.

Number Eleven, was the name the girl was most fond for, painted in blood-red and seemed to shine as if it had been polished very neatly with the name: Jeff.

The girl wondered what Number Twelve, be, the final number in the clock. To her surprise, she expected an unfamiliar name, but insteaed, it was the name she was the most familiar with, because the name belonged to her.

Her eyes gazed dow at Number Twelve, a rainbow-colored polished name with all different fonts from all the other eleven numbers combined into one name, Y/N.

She then suddenly realized how short on time she was, snapping out of her thoughts, she looked around the maze. She was stuck between the two sections of left, and right. Though both seemed the same, she knew they would lead to different directions. Taking in a deep breath, she closed her eyes.

"What path should I take?" The girl thought. 

Silence came to her answer, nothing more. The girl opened her eyes and slowly took a step towards the left, and slowly walked in it's direction, slowly disappeaering, and getting more and more close to the heart of the maze. 

As soon as the girl exited out of the dark direction that she had chosen, she could see light shining at the exit of the small gap. Her eyes widened and she dashed towards the light. Immediately, she was greeted towards the light, chasing the darkness away. However, something was not right. She walked forward and took a few steps back.

She turned around and saw that both the right and left paths both lead to the same direction. However, as she looked back up towards her, it was exactly the same room she had came in before. How was this possible? She thought. Uncertain, the girl took a step forward, and soon walked forward until she reached upon 4 opening gaps. Her eyes studied each gap carefully before she chose her direction.

She walked in front of her and took a slight turn to her right this time. She went into the 3rd gap. Once again, darkness greeted her until she was greeted by the warm light that was chasing darkness's tail. The room she had entered in hadn't changed from the previous room she had been in. 

This wasn't just a maze, she thought. It was an endless maze, she realized in horror. She glanced hurriedly at her wrist watch and realized there wasn't much time left. 30 minutes she thought. 30 minutes left of her life. She didn't think. How could she think? There wasn't enough time left.

She dashed towards all the possible different directions she could think of but each gap still continued to look the same as she entered the room. Finally in exhaustion of running, she stopped and felt her eyes beginning to sting of wet tears. 

The girl stood there, shaking, as the tears slowly dripped from her eyes and trickled down to her cheeks. She then suddenly recalled the words of both LJ and Jeff had said to her before the game had started. "Enter this game, and show them no mercy." The girl stopped crying.

"I am witness." The girl opened her eyes.

"If you are witness, I am savior." The girl dried her tears.

"Be my savior, and help me be free.." The girl stood up and took a deep breath in.

She glanced back down on the tiny wrist watch and noticed that there were only 25 minutes left of this game. She knew things about mazes, that they always have a target. The end to everything. However, this maze seems as if it has no ending to it, it was infinite. Instead of walking forward, the girl, wandering in her thoughts, not paying attention, walked towards the wall.

She then stopped walking as she neared the corner of the blank white wall. "Think around the box." She thought. That was always the saying people would say when there wasn't really an answer. But what did they really mean about that? The girl thought in confusion. She glanced at the wall and repeated the saying. "Think around the box.." 

Suddenly the girl realized what they meant. Warily, she slowly placed a hand above the wall, like she did before at the entrance of the maze before the game had started. To her amazement, eddies and ripples formed, like she was pointing her finger into the water. Suddenly, she felt her hand slowly move through the wall. 

Her eyes were wide in amazement. "This is the way out." She thought. "I might just survive.. I'll prove to Jeff that I'll be the savior." She thought. "I'll be the one who'll set him free." The girl with a determined look on her face slowly moved her entire arm, into the box, slowly doing the same with her body, until it absorbed her entire body, disappearing inside the wall, finding the exit, out of this infinite maze.