S.E.V.E.N.T.E.E.N.

ACE (Jeff X Reader) ~The Death Card 

                                              ╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚

"It's okay, I'll listen." The girl replied, eager to learn about the mysterious black hooded's past.

Jeff sighed. "He was in school, or college." He said. "Apparently he always wear his black hoodie wherever he goes, and one day he meets a girl in one of his classes I think," he scratched his head. "I forgot, but whatever." He continued. "She asked him to hang out with her and with her friends. So like the idiot that guy is, he followed her." 

"She introduced him to her friends but that was it. They didn't really seem interested in him." He trailed off, whether or not to speak any more. He swallowed and continued in a hoarse voice. "That night he saw a fire," his voice was quiet. "He went down to check. He was in his black hoodie. He kept having strange dreams about people chanting the name 'Chernobog,'" 

"When he woke up, he could hear them chanting the same name, the one in his dream. He went down and saw the girl, I think her name was Jenny. Apparently she was chanting the name too, and by the time he got near her, it was too late," he murmured. "She hit him with a rock and he blacked out. By the time he woke up, he noticed that Jenny and the other people he didn't recognize was chanting the name Chernobog." 

"He thought everybody was being hypnotized then," he continued, shaking his head. "He tried calling out to Jenny and to the random people he'd never seen before, but they didn't even react. They kept chanting the name and then he saw Jenny. She was in front of him, bringing out tools, the things doctors use." 

The girl fell silent, knowing this was the part that raised the climax of this story. 

"She carved his eyes out," he murmured in a faint voice. "He screamed and pleaded but nothing happened, she just kept doing it until his eyes were completely gone. Then she started pouring black tar in his eyes, the liquid you see on his mask," he said, shifting his gaze up to the girls. "I forgot what he told me, but he ended up killing everybody there, left college, and in the next morning, they found the dead bodies, but everybody thought it was because of the fire."

He exhaled a long breath. "But then they discovered that their kidneys were taken, and Jack was missing in the morning and nobody had ever seen him since." He finished. 

He glanced at the girl, moving his eyeballs towards the corner of his eye, leaning his head against the wall. The girl had a thoughtful look on her face, trying to catch up on everything she had just heard. Most of it had solved all of the girl's question, but as she kept thinking about it, there were new questions popping up.

"But how did you two know each other?" She asked.

She noticed Jeff's eyes, warning her so she clamped her mouth shut. "Only one question today, remember?" Jeff reminded her.

The girl nodded sheepishly. "I get to ask you another question tomorrow," he added, with a sly tone in his voice. To the girl, he murmured, "Have you eaten yet?"

The girl shook her head. She didn't even notice her hunger was begging for food. Jeff nodded at her before standing up and walking towards the door. "I'll get you some food." As he opened the door, he glanced one more time at her before adding, "don't go anywhere." 

The girl nodded before Jeff had closed the door, leaving her in pitch darkness except for the tiny lightbulb that was on the workdesk of Jeff's room. As she listened, she could hear the footsteps of Jeff slowly fading away, until she could only hear the sound of her breathing.

Sighing, she slowly reached and grabbed the piece of newspaper she had found earlier in one of the books in Jeff's bookshelf. She carefully unfolded the tiny piece of paper and reread the title before looking at the picture more carefully. 

"So he kills people," she murmured quietly under her breath. Suddenly without warning, she heard a click, and then a creak. Startled, the girl quickly shoved the piece of paper down her pocket as she looked at the open door.

There stood Jeff holding out a plate covered in bread crumbs. She could see that it was an ordinary sandwhich. She eyed it hungrily as Jeff placed it down on the sheets of the bed as he sat next to her. 

The girl eyed the sandwhich carefully before glancing up at him. "It's not poisonous, is it?" She asked. To her surprise, Jeff chuckled before answering, "Of course not, dummy." He leaned in and rested his head upon the girls shoulder. "I still need to keep you alive, remember?" With a more sly tone, he added, "It's too early for you to die right now." 

The girl shivered as Jeff slowly lifted his head up and watched the girl. She was eyeing the sandwhich, but not touching or eating it. With narrowed eyes, Jeff sighed and snatched the sandwhich before hovering it above the girl's mouth. 

"You need to eat." He ordered. "Don't die yet." 

"But I-" Jeff cut the girl's sentence off by stuffing the piece of bread down the girl's throat. She choked as she tried to get the large piece of bread down but no matter how much she swallowed, she couldn't get it down. 

Jeff handed her a glass of water as she quickly snatched it from his grip before gulping the contents down, washing the food down her throat. She had to admit, she felt better, and the taste was good. She waited for a few moments, to see if it was actually really poison, but so far, it just tasted like an ordinary sandwhich.

The girl glanced at Jeff as he let out a smirk. "See? What'd I tell ya? Not poisonous." 

The girl nodded slowly before glancing down awkwardly. Jeff patted her head softly before rising up from the bed and grabbing the empty plate. "Get some sleep, you can sleep here. I'll sleep on the sofa." He carried the plate with balance before stepping towards the doorway, hovering his fingers above the light switch. 

"Goodnight." He whispered, before flickering the lights off. 

He watced the girl for a few moments before he knew her steady breathing meant she was already asleep. With narrowed eyes, he noticed that a piece of old newspaper was sticking out of the girl's pocket, but he didn't move. 

He watched it for a few moments before turning around to shut the door but as he did, he heard the faint sound of the girl whispering back to him with a soft gentle voice. "Goodnight, Jeff."