Part 35

ACE (Jeff X Reader) ~The Death Card

                                                                    (〃ー〃)

"I-.. What?"

"You heard me."

"I- I dunno.. ( -〃^〃 -)"

Jeff pouted. "You didn't feel the same way like last time?" He asked, raising his one eyebrow.

"Ho. Lee. Shit." EJ said, pronouncing the word, separating into different sections at his tone, balancing the bloody-covered jar on the top of his head.

His hands look sweaty. (really, author-chan -.-)

Smile whistled awkwardly. Both Jeff and the girl stared awkwardly back at the two of them. Until EJ made a move. "AIGHT!" He exclaimed enthusiastically, clapping his hands, and lowering the jar off of his head. "Smile?" He asked, turning towards te dog that was looking up at him. "Wanna go for a walk?"

Smile barked, and jumped off the couch, happy to escape te awkward conversation as well, and dashed out the door, and rounded off the corner, while EJ took his time, as he reached the door, he turned back and waved. "Don't you guys do anything when we get back.." He warned.

Jeff and the girl's face flushed red. Jeff threw a pillow at EJ, and it hit his head.
"Ow. ;-;"

"That's what you deserve." Jeff spat.

EJ didn't say anything, except for kicking the pillow back towards Jeff before opening the door and heading out, slamming the door on his way. Jeff and the girl stared at the door, unsure what to do next. 

"So. Um." 

"..."

Dribbles of sweat formed on both people, their lips trembling, faced both red. "Goddamit." Jeff cursed, glancing down. "F-Forget the question." He said, slightly stuttering. "You ask me a question instead."

"Umm.." The girl trailed off, looking up at the ceiling. 
"Yeah.." The girl muttered, face red.

"What?"

"I said yeah." 

"About what?"

"The thing."

"What thing?"

"Goddammit Jeff. The thing you asked me before." 

*Silence*

"Ohh."
...
"Wait, what?"

"Yes.." The girl sighed. "I like you."

"Really?"

"YES. Jesus. How many times do I have to repeat myself?" 

*more silence*

".. I like you too." 

◎●◎

The day had passed by slowly, EJ and Smile hadn't returned from their walk. In fact, they've been gone for a long time now. However, the girl and Jeff barely even noticed. They kept asking each other questions for the rest of the day. 

"What time is it?" 

"11:05.." 

"I'm hungry." 

"We have dog food left in the cabinet." 

"Heck no. Imma stop by the grocery store. And you need to come with me."

"Why?" The girl asked, furrowing her eyebrows. She had wanted to stay home and chill for a bit, wash her face from the blushing redness.

"Because I said so?"