It wasn't too long after I had started running that I could feel Josh at my heels.
~

By the time we reached the town we had been running for six hours. Like I said, maybe I had overestimated are location. We came to little town called Puntin Valley, only five thousand humans. The problem was that among those humans I could smell our own kin. It was faint though and if Josh and I stayed quiet and laid low, we should've been able to stay for the night. Hopefully. We shifted and changed into some clothes we brought in our mouths.

" I'm starting to think that you don't know where the hell you're going, Lilianna,"Josh sneered.

The annoying brat was really making me regret the decision take him with me. As bitchy as I was sounding about him, I really was a patient person. Joshua was a typical, horny, moody teenager, who happened to be kicked out of his pack when he turned eighteen for failing to complete his training. He told me he was too lazy to bother and at the time was unaware that he would be kicked out. I had also just recently discovered that his mate had rejected him. These types of wolves were pretty uncommon, but generally were more of a burden to a pack than anything else. There was no space for a lazy, useless pack member and unfortunately Josh never made the cut. Frankly, I would've kicked him out of my pack if it was me, but since I was alone, and he was heartbroken and a bunch of other shit he never stopped complaining about, I took pity on him and let him tag along. Mainly for company. It was safe to say I regretted my desicion, my hatred for him grew daily.

"I'm so fuckin tire" he started.

" I'm starting to think I should have left you to rot in that nasty pack dungeon?" I snipped. 

He brushed himself off and brought his face close to mine. Even through Josh was years younger than me he still was taller.

"You should have," he started, the edge of his lip curling up, "I would have called up your Alpha and told him where you were heading." he sneered.

These arguments commonly followed our daily migration, me asking him what the hell was his problem- him threatening to contact my ex-Alpha.

I looked him in the eyes and shook my head before backing away, Josh went to sit by a tree. He was obviously over tired and needed food and sleep.

It'd been two months since I was supposed to be married and three since I left the pack. After my parents died and I became the Alpha's personal hit man, life  turned to shit for me. It didn't even hit me until later the weight of what I had actually done to those packs. It's one thing to lose an alpha in a war or a challenge. It's a whole new game to murder one, and I was still getting over physiological stress. Scratch that, there was no getting over anything, I was a wreck. I couldn't remember the last time I had actually gotten a nights worth of sleep and I was having a hard time ignoring my compulsive actions.

Josh grunted and I met his gaze.

" I know you're tired but we can't stay here." I walked towards him and squatted down.

"There's a pack here. I can smell them. If we stay out here we'll get caught, we need to get to a hotel." I grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

He didn't say anything, just followed me as I walked towards the road.

~

I got a room at the Inn by using fake names of a few credit cards I had stolen. Once we got into the room Josh took a shower.

We had no stuff so I decided it best to find a supermarket or something.

I knocked on the bathroom door, "I'm going to the store to pick up some stuff. Don't open the door and don't do anything stupid. Please." I grabbed a key and headed out the door.