24

We get back to the house without incident. Mr. Phantom followed us, in his Corvette, that's had so much work done to it, that if Batman was real, he would be ticked, that it has more tricks under the hood, then the Batman mobile.

Walk in the front door, we hear exited voices and a woman telling them quite down. Everyone here then. Family dinner then I guess.

"Do you want peas or corn?" Leo asks.

"Peas," I tell him, as Logan ushers me into the living room. Sitting down on the sofa, Logan sits down next to me, to look at the bump that feels like its growing with every passing minute.

He lightly kisses it, but instead of it feeling slightly better, it only hurts. Leo then walks in with the peas, handing them over to me and then even hands me a couple pain killers, which in with in second Logan's mom comes into the room with water.

When I take the water and swallow down the pills, she looks at the side of my head and then gives the guys an easy measure of a stare down that makes them all twitch. The guys might be scary in their own way, but Mrs. Phantom will always scare them the most. Mom power, I guess.

"You four are grounded, for not making sure she was safe." She tells them.

Davis holds his hands up. "Now wait a minute, she's a-"

Shut up Davis if you want to live. Shut! Up! Glancing at the other three, it's clear on their faces, they are thinking the same thing.

Mrs. Phantom uses no weapon. No gun. No knife. Nothing, but a cold dead look, that makes you want to curl up in the corner, suck on your thumb and cry.

Logan helps me up, moves his head in a way the guys to follow. Mr. Phantom leaves as well, probably going to go check on the twins.

"Man, I want to see her kill him." I complain, as Logan ushers me up the stairs, as the guys go outside.

"I know you do, but you also need to rest." He tells me, keeping an arm around my waist.

Leaning my head against his chest, I can hear his heart. "Your just no fun," I grumble, which in return, he pinches me on the butt making me yelp in surprise. "I hate you sometimes, you know that, right?"

He leans down and kisses me on the head. "I know and I love you no matter what."

My heart squeezes painfully in my chest. "About what Davis was trying to say and that guy-"

"Davis made the call to shoot that guy. He would only kill someone if it was the right thing to do." We get to Logan room, he of course being the gentlemen he is, opens the door and lets me go in first.

When I'm inside he follows closing the door behind him. Putting the peas down on the bed, I go to the bathroom and get the first aid kit. It's in the same spot in every house I've been at with him. Under the sink, next to the toilet paper.

Coming out, he's looking at his phone. "Jacket and shirt off," I instruct him, feeling the pain dull down where the bump is on my head. Meds must be kicking in.

Logan smiles at me, as he puts his phone down and starts to take off his jacket, wincing a little. "If you just want to see me naked, just say so. I could make it into a show for you if you want." The jacket off, the shirt next, which is harder to get off, where some of the blood has dried. The guys would be fixing themselves up right now to.

"I know," having him sit down, I get to work. There is no big danger, just a few wounds. They won't need stitches or anything like that, a good cleaning and bandage and that's it.

It takes less time to clean him up, then it takes for the dogs to run in the room, with the twins running after them.

Hitting the floor two pre-teens hug me too tight. "Ally!" They cry out.