4

My hand doesn't find the stun gun, it's just gone! Getting out of bed, I hold the sheet against my naked front tightly, never looking away from the small glimpse of the man in my room. "I recommend you leave." I say sternly, thinking of one person for a split second, that has blood on his hands and promised, no one would hurt me. Not like before, from my past.

But that thought, of the man, that I had loved, is gone in a blink of an eye. I have to fight my own battles and not lean on someone else. That is how things got so messed up before, was by leaning on him and thinking everything in this dark messed up world, we live in would be okay.

In one lunge, that I don't have time to doge, my back hits the wall and warm lips crash against mine. A chill goes up my spin and I try to fight back, from not kissing this stranger that I know so well, that has stripped me down. But my lips and body work against me, I react to this man touch like a woman starved for air.

Seconds pass and then he pulls away, all that can be heard is our heavy breathing. "You taste like home, my love." A deep voice says.

A shiver goes up my spine. No! Pushing the man away far enough, I start hitting his chest, as tears start to form in my eyes and I don't even care that he is half naked, still wearing his jeans. All I know though, is that I'm mad and I don't know how else to get my anger out but hitting his chest.

He doesn't react, when I hit him. I'm not trying to hurt him, though I should. I should hurt him, break his bones and make him bleed. But I don't and soon stop, my body is shaking, as his arms wrap around me and hold me close again. "Come home," he whispers.

Shaking my head, I push myself away from him, which he lets go. I shiver, from being away from him and pick up the blanket that fell on the floor and wrap myself in it, this time making sure it's tight against my chest. "You killed someone, and I seen the look in your eyes. You enjoyed it when you stabbed him in the chest. You are a killer. A murder." I whisper, thinking no better of myself at this moment; because in truth, we are two halves of a coin.

"I did it, to protect you." He tells me sternly.

"From who, one of your crazy ex-girlfriends?"

He frowns down at me. "Your father of course. Do you remember, when I found you? It was raining, you were bleeding and dying. I saved you and promised to always protect you, from that man and anyone else that tried to hurt you."

Shaking my head, my dad was locked up, tighter then Fort Knox. He couldn't get out, he was in Jam Hawk for life. No man has gotten out of that place alive. It's where he belongs, after everything he did to those people. After what he did to me. His own daughter; there is a scar, that goes from my last rib, down to my hip and that's only one out of a few time's he's tried to kill me. He hurt me, just because I didn't do what he wanted and that was to kill Logan.

"Go away Logan, you'll just hurt me in the end, and I'll run, just like last time. Just go away." I whisper, feeling hurt of my own words, that I say to him. I love him still and him telling me, he just killed that man, to protect me. Tells me, how much he loves me.

He grabs my shoulders, and pulls me in close. I relax in his arms, feeling at home. These arms are my home, but his hands covered in blood, of those that he has hurt and killed. He was a Mafia Leader son, after all. He had no easy road, but he told me in the past, that the world could burn for all he cared. But he would keep me safe, even if he ended up dying, to protect me. "I'm never letting you go again, Little Mouse. You belong with me, and you know it. You have, two days to get packed and be ready to leave. We'll stay till your done with school, but you're not staying here. Not anymore."

He kisses me on the head and then leaves, silently closing the door behind him, like death taking a victim with him.

<><>

I don't know what time I went back to bed, after Logan left. But when I wake up, there a single blue rose with a note.

Two days Little Mouse, and I'm not taking no for an answer.

Getting out of bed, I dress quickly enough; then grab my laptop, open it and do a search on apartments. Knowing Logan, as well as I do, he probably hacked my computer, to see if I would do this.

Too bad for him, I have a new firewall and I'm going to go to an apartment closer to the school. Hopefully, he won't try anything.

I find a single room apartment, close to school. Its maybe a block away. I feel bad, that I'm doing this. But I can't risk being trapped in his arms again, they make me forget myself. His lips, make me forget the world and the things he has done to me, forgets all that should matter.

Closing my eyes, I slip into the past, of being in bed with Logan, just to remember what my life was like before I left him.

<><>

Logan runs his finger lightly over my naked back, making me sleepy. "Are you tired already?" He asks softly.

"You keep doing that, I will fall asleep." I say against the pillow.

He kisses me on the head. "So tomorrow, early morning lets go sailing. I'll teach you how."

Getting up on my elbows, I look in his loving eyes. "You know I can't swim, so it would be pointless."

He smiles gently at me and kisses me on the lips. "I'll teach you how to swim and how to sail a boat," he pulls me close to his body and lays me on my back. "I'll teach you anything you want to learn and show you the world." He whispers, before he moves inside of me.

<><>

Zipping up my big bag and go downstairs. No one is home but me, so I leave a note.

Going to stay close to campus, big test coming up.

Al

Is all I write and slip out the backdoor, hoping Logan doesn't have eyes back here and head for the school.