16

Walking through the gate from the airplane, I move my mouth around and even pitch my nose to pop my ears. I know it sometimes takes time for them to pop, but it's always feels weird to me and truthfully it drives me nuts.

Logan nudges his elbow to my arm. "Stop it, people are looking at us." He tells me with a frown on his face.

Glancing around, its mostly girls looking at us. Many are focused on Logan, as others send me danger eyes. Looking at the men, they are doing the same, eye stalking me and giving Logan the dirty look. "I don't think it's because I'm trying to pop my ears." I tell him.

Logan shoulders his bag, and wraps his arm around my waist possessively, pulling me in close to him. He dips his head down, so he can whisper in my ear and no one else can hear. "Those men and women, that follow us with their eyes, see us as models, even as damaged as we are. They don't see us as we really are. A demon and fallen grace angle, entirely in love for all time." His words send a chill down my spine.

"So, who's the demon and who is the angle?" I ask him, as we step outside in the fog filled air, that will do a number on my hair.

He rubs his nose in my hair, taking a deep breath of my shampoo. "You are my angle, Little Mouse, forever." He says softly.

A white SUV rolls up, with such dark tinted windows you can't see in. Logan lets go of me, as the driver gets out to open the back. When he lets go, a cold deadly chill fills my body, making me shutter and I can't fight, against my instinct to look around.

The driver takes my bag, only to have Logan take my hand, open the back door of the SUV and lets me get in first, then follows after me. The driver closes the back hatch, walks to the driver side, and gets in, then puts it in drive. "Food has been delivered, everything is in order on how ever you two plan on staying." The man tells us, with a thick Scottish accent.

"Thank you, Mitch," Logan looks at me and nudges his shoulder with mine. "We are safe here; it'll give us a chance to make a game plan." He says to me softly.

<><>

We pull up to a large house, with a light tower that's behind it. Logan gave me a book about this house, its history is long when you think of the human years, because it's a few hundred years old, but just as beautiful as the day it had been built.

The driver goes around the at the end of the driveway, stopping in front of front door path. In front of the front door, there are long flat rows of rocks planted into the ground, separate the car to the house.

Getting out first, the driver next and then Logan. They go back of the SUV to retrieve the bags. As they do this, I walk on to the flat rocks, the grass is well trimmed around them.

I hear dogs before I see them. When I do, one German Shepherd and one Rottweiler come bounding our way. Logan stops pulling out bags and sees the dogs coming our way. "Madison! Ricky! Stop!" He orders out, but they don't. I've known these dogs for a long time, and they hardly pay him any mind.

I brace myself as they take me down. They lick my face, they mess up my hair and I learned a long time ago, only put on so much makeup that you don't want to put on again.

Laughing, I try to fight them away, but they are too happy to see me, to not act on what I'm doing. Logan groans, comes over and has to pull the dogs off of me. "Enough you two," he scolds. "Mama is here, so cool it a little, will ya?"

The dog's breath hard, wagging butts and tails. Getting up on to my feet, I hold out my hands to them and they come to me, licking my hands. "Aw don't listen to that mean daddy of yours. I missed you two." They bark haply at me and bound off. "Truly vicious dogs Logan." I tell him, snickering. "I can see their man-eating killing instincts in their eyes." I egg on.

Logan rolls his eyes, as the driver takes all our bags with ease and heads to the house. "They are man-eating. They just love you, and they know, you'll go mama dog and will scold them more than I ever would."

We walk the smooth rock path. Patting him on the shoulder, I can't help myself but make fun of him. "Aw don't worry, you'll someday be scary. But right now, you're just a daddy dog, that can't have his bone."

He raises an eyebrow. "Oh really, you want to play like that?" He makes a fast movement to grab me, but I get away and then he starts to run after me, when I start to run. "Get back here!" He orders out.

"Not a chance!"

<><>

We were falling into our old habits, playful and sexual. But no sex, but I can feel it there. I can feel my lower stomach warm with thought of Logan body against mine and with those sorts of thoughts, I'm glad I'm in the shower.

Taking in a shaky breath, I lift my face to the water. We can't go into our old habits. We just can't. He's protecting me, and as soon as my dad is put away again, I'll leave in the dead of night again and hide somewhere, that Logan won't think to find me. Maybe South America or somewhere else.

Someone knocks on the door. "Yeah?!" I yell over the water.

"Dinner will be ready soon!" Logan yells back.

"Okay!" We can't go into our old habits.

<><>

Logan made dinner, the showoff, of making food. He's more talented than he should be. We sit around a wooden table, with candles lit, the lights above slightly dim trying to make the dinner more romantic.

Logan sits on the other side of the table. Wine is chilled on the table. He made lobster with butter, fried orca, carrots, and apple pie. Such an overachiever, but it all smells all so good.

"We will go into town in the next couple days and look at the community collages for you. Until then, I'll help with what you might behind in." He tells me.

"Okay," is all I say, before biting into some fried orca.

We eat quite for a little bit, when we are done eating, we put stuff away, wash the dishes and go to the living room. We work together as a team, getting everything taken care of in no time. "Want to watch a movie?" He asks.

"No, I think I'm just going to go to bed. The airplane ride made me really tired." I tell him.

Turning away from him, I'm about to walk away, but he grabs my hand. "Don't leave Little Mouse. Please just stay with me, we don't have to watch a movie or TV. Just be with me, I'll read to you like I used to. Just stay with me." He pleads.

It's like I can't help myself, my body works against my mind and squeeze his hand. "Play the violin, for me?"

He pulls me back fast, wrapping his arms around me tightly. "I can't play, and you know it." He whispers.

Smiling, I love how Mr. Perfection, can't do everything in the world. He's flawed like everyone else in the world. "I know, I just wanted you to say it."

He smiles against my head. "You are just one of few, that knows my flaws, never forget that."