13

Pov: Ally (Few hours ago)

My body hits the ground, my skin tear from my body, blood spills from different areas. My head hits the ground and I swear I hear a crack sound come from somewhere.

What feels like forever, but maybe just a minute or two, my body stops rolling and I hear the guys asking if one another are okay and at some point, they ask, if I'm okay; but it's like my voice box won't work. I try to open my mouth and call out, but nothing happens. I try to move my body, but it's like that part that moves my body in my brain, doesn't work.

I start to hear sirens, as I fade in and out of being awake. What feels like a short time; I feel arms lifting me up on to a hard bed. People ask me what my name is, they shine a light in my eyes. But I just feel num. I'm told to talk to the EMTs and let them know I'm okay. But that part of my brain doesn't want to work, and I slip into my nightmares that only happened a couple years ago.

Ally Dream:

I face my dad, with his buddies around the gambling table. High stakes, nothing less. Dad counts cards, but with his wins it's like he had nothing, he goes threw it so fast. I've had to put myself in school and get on a program that helps the "lower class" just so I could go to school and not waist this head of mine.

Dad has never cared if I go to school or not. He just uses me to get info from people. "Pretty faces and a smile, make people melt," he's told me so many times.

He puts me on a new task. Get in good with Logan, find out all his and family secrets, I was tell my dad everything I had found out, so he could uses those secrets to crumble them. But he never planned for one thing. That I actually fell in love with Logan.

"What do you have for me?" He asks with a toothpick in his mouth. He shifts his eyes around the table, checking for the other men's reactions on what they might have.

Taking in a deep breath, I stand tall. "I'm not going to be your little spy anymore." I tell him.

The room goes dead quiet. All the men look at me, some look as if they don't believe what just came out of my mouth, others are clearly ticked off.

Dad turns his cards down and slowly stands up, his gun flashes in the light, but he likes to use his knife more. I asked him once why he liked his knife so much and his words sent a chill down my back and froze my heart. "I like how the warm blood feels against my hand and watch as life drains from my victims' eyes."

"And why is that? Have you grown feelings for that whelp!" He doesn't make it sound like a question, when he slams his fist on the card table. I had noticed that a couple of the guys in the room actually jumped at the sound of his fist making contact with the table.

Balling up my fists at my side, I don't back down. "Why does it matter? Shouldn't I be happy? Shouldn't I have a chance to love someone, like you loved mom?!"

Dad slowly walks around the gambling table and around the men. He's pissed now, I didn't just challenge him, but I brought up mom. "Yes, but as of now, no you don't have that right." He moves so fast, I almost don't get away, but the damage is done, his knife had made contact with an organ that if I don't go to the hospital, I'll die. He pulls the knife from my body, holds his knife lose, as if he'll throw it this time instead of stabbing me himself. "Because you'll be dead and be with your mother at long last."

"Logan will come after you and being reunited with mom, will be of great relief to no longer having to deal with your dirty work!"

He lunges at me again, but I'm ready for him this time and with as much strength as I can muster, I block the knife and throw my palm up and get him in the nose; the room fills with a crack sound. He howls in pain; he holds his nose, giving me a death look, as I hold my side. "You better run child," his eyes are deadly and I'm sure if he had the power, he would burn me on the spot.

"Are you sure you want to let her free?" One of his buddies ask, as I slowly leave the room, grabbing a pip for protection.

My dad chuckles as I get to the door. "She won't make it two blocks, she's already dead."

Getting outside, it starts to rain. My feet waver, so I end up having to walk against the wall, with my hand against the wall. He very well might be right. I don't think I'll make it very far. Dropping the pip down on the ground, I pull out my phone, I look at the screen of Logan and I, smiling at one another.

Sliding the screen side, I pull up Logan contact and call him. He doesn't pick up, and so I end up leaving him a message. Wrong I know, but I don't know how much time I have left. "Logan, listen...I don't know how much time I have left...I'm hurt pretty bad. I want to tell you...that I love you....and I'm glad I got to meet you," my grip on the wall faulters and I crash down on the ground hard. I can't help but scream in pain landing on my bad side. "I wish...that we could have spent...our lives together...forever. But I don't think that will happen....in this life. I love you.... Logan." Sliding my phone to the hang up button, I just lay on the ground, fading in and out, waiting to be taken away in this dirty alleyway.

<><>

I don't know how much time goes by, when I hear tires screech against wet pavement. A car door's open, rushing feet. My head is cradled in large hands in seconds. "Little Mouse, it'll be ok, we'll get you all fixed up. So, stay with me Little Mouse," Logan picks me up easily and tries not to move me around too much. "Stay with me Ally, think of our future together, a wedding, children that look like us, playing in a yard." He gets us in the car, where it's dry and warm. Safe. Here with Logan.

Waking up later with I don't know how much time, I'm in a hospital room. My sideburns in pain, when I try to move.

A large hand reaches out for my own. I flinch at the person hand on mine. But I relax when I see its Logan. "Your safe Little Mouse, you'll heal, and your dad is getting locked up. I promise, he'll never get to you again." He tells me, but something twists in me, telling me that this isn't real. None of it. A nightmare from my past.

Ally (Awake):

I wake with a start, gasping for air. Looking around frantically, I'm in a hospital room like I was in my dream. My eye's land on a sleeping form in a bed. Logan. Why am I in his room? Cleaner fills my lungs that you only get in a hospital, the beeping of the heart monitor sounds next to his bed. Why are we in a hospital? Looking at myself, I'm also dressed in hospital garb.

Trying to stand, my body gives in and fall back down into the chair. Groening in pain from the attack and body being stiff, I look down at my legs, the left one is wrapped up, as well as my left hand up to my elbow. I feel my face and have a couple smaller bandages on it.

Slowly getting up, I grip on to the silver rod with the water bag, that's supposed to give me fluids. My progress is slow out of Logan room. How did I end up in here? Was I placed in here, because I was with him? If so, why wasn't I given a bed?

When I get out his room, I feel people look at me. Turning my head, dread fills my body. "Mr. and Mrs. Phantom, it's been awhile." My throat screams in pain, from having it dry.

They both look beautiful. They look like Logan in their own way, as well as their other two children. "Ally, it has been a long time." Mr. Phantom says. "Talk with us and fill us in, of what you have been up."

And just like that, my life has brought me back full circle with the people, that I have thought as my family for so long.