Ch 13: War On All Fronts

Start from the beginning

Daniel laughs heartily. "I don't know who is more insane between to two of you. I'll tell him. And don't worry Lobo. I'll be fine. I promise, I will not leave you on this earth alone. And if I do, it won't be for long."

She sniffles. "You promise?"

"I promise."

"Can I see you first? If something does happen. I don't want two weeks ago to be the last memory I have of seeing you. Of touching you. Of holding you. Of seeing your smile. Of tasting your lips..."

He groans, leaning against the wall. "I had a feeling you'd say that. Come open the door."

She drops her phone and takes off, top speed down the stairs. Throws open the door and jumps into Daniel's open arms. Not giving him air to speak a greeting, before planting a desperate, yearning kiss on his lips.

He walks into the apartment, closes and locks the door behind them, not breaking the kiss. He presses her against the wall, wrapping her thighs more securely around him.

Her hands venture into his hair, pulling him impossibly closer.

They break the kiss to breathe.

"Da** girl." He says between breaths.

Alexis stares into the man she has fallen so deeply for. She remembers the first time she saw him. He was beautiful then. And now, through the eyes of her swooning heart. He's even more beautiful. She remembers their first kiss. How nervous she was. Of course she had kissed before, but he was different.

He returns her loving gaze with one of determination, adoration, and possessiveness. He claims her lips. Pouring everything he doesn't have time enough to tell her in words. That kiss is a promise that he will always be there for her. That kiss promises that he will defy even death to spend forever with her. He breaks this kiss and stares at her.

"Marry me."

Her breathe catches. The emotion in his eyes stealing her breathe away. She nods. "Yes."

A breathe taking smile spreads across his face. "Yeah..."

She nods, tears rolling down her cheeks. She cups his handsome face and kisses him. "I need you Daniel."

He braces himself against the wall, as a shiver rolls over his spine like a tidal wave. Almost buckling his knees. "Say it again." He says barely above a whisper.

"I." She kisses his lips hungrily. "Need." She kisses his jaw down to his ear. "You." She whispers.

"We...aren't going to...make it upstairs."

NOT TOO FAR AWAY

"EY!" He says. Quieting all the chatter in the room. "This is Baron. HE, got me the address that I've been asking you lazy a**es for, for a month now. And he got it in less than 24hrs." He turns to Baron. "Everyone in this room has been with us for years. Highly dependable. Trustworthy. You ain't gotta watch ya back here." He motions to the empty chair around the boardroom table. "Take a seat. We're discussing an upcoming...event, if you will." Noke says. "This here is my partner Black."