Epilogue

It's crazy what time can do to someone. In a matter of seconds, a bullet can go through someone's head and your fears vanish. In a matter of minutes, you can have the happiest moments of your life. In a matter of days, you can restore what was once broken. In a matter of years, you can have a family.

After the fall and rise of Alexandria, we expected any Savors that were left to come knocking down our door. But they didn't.

Most had ran off, started their own groups, or died.

Alexandria, in a matter of days, was cleaned up and put back to it's former glory. Rick made an agreement with The Hilltop, which was run by Maggie now, and The Kingdom. We agreed to work and protect each other, no man or group left behind.

But when I told Rick my own plains, he seemed shocked, yet understood.

"So, what's next for Starlet Dixon?" Rick asked, joining me on the porch stairs. We watched as people walked by, on their ways home or just enjoying the fresh air and safety.

"Actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you about. I talked it over with Daryl, and we need your help. We need you to build us a home," I said with a sigh, worried of Rick's reaction.

"You have a house," Rick said, gesturing to the house behind us.

I smiled, nodding, "I know, but it's not home. Daryl and I don't do dream kitchens and big king size beds with silk sheets. We don't want any of it. What we want is for you to get a group together to build us a home, outside of Alexandria's walls."

"Starlet-"

"Just, hear me out," I stopped him, placing a hand on his arm. "Since day one, Daryl and I have never been excited about this place. We loved it here, but we never felt comfortable. We need to have a home for ourselves. We need to have freedom to be and do what we want. We have dreams, and they don't involve painting and getting new curtains. We have a bigger dream. You, Michonne, and Carl, your dream is to settle down and enjoy family and life. But Daryl and I, we have a different dream. We want to end all of this. To go around and kill as many Walkers as we can. We'll enjoy life, just our way."

Rick sighed, looking down at his shoes while his hands folded over his legs.

"We won't be far, and if we have any trouble that we can't handle, we'll call you." Rick was silent for a minute before looking back over at me. "And you're sure about this? I mean, your pregnant, right now it may seem like a good idea, but when the baby comes, will still be?"

I nodded, taking a deep breath, "Yeah, I think it will be."

In a matter of five months, Daryl's and I's new house was built, resembling more of a cabin then an actual house. Woods surrounded us and a trail was made for any cars or bikes to get in from the road if need be.

Daryl loved living out in the woods once again. Even though we got food and supplies shipped to us weekly, Daryl never stopped his hunts and I never stopped my scavenging for supplies.

It was who we were, and we loved it.

The last two months of my pregnancy was mostly made up of sitting at the house, getting the baby room ready, and making new memories with Daryl.

When the baby came, Daryl and I didn't need to debate or discuss what the baby's name would be. In fact, when the boy turned eight and asked to go get supplies with Daryl, we knew we made the right choice.

I threw in a few more medical supplies and snack into Daryl's bag before zipping it up. "Okay, bag is set and ready, remember, I want you back by nightfall," I said, pointing my finger at Daryl who stood next to me.

"Yeah, yeah, I hear ya," Daryl said, waving his hand at me as he strapped on his bag.

I glared at Daryl with a smile, which he silenced with a kiss.

"Glenn, tell your father goodbye!" I yelled as Daryl pulled away and I returned to putting away the extra supplies that were not needed.

"I'm ready," Glenn said, causing me to turn around and Daryl to let out a small, deep chuckle. He wore a brown jacket with a backpack strapped onto his back. He had a small pocket knife sticking out of his pocket and his hands were secured on the pack straps.

"And where do you think you're going?" Daryl asked?

"With you," Glenn answered as if it was the simplest of answers. A scuff left my lips, "Like hell you are," I said, returning to putting away the extra supplies.

"Language," Daryl said making me shut my mouth.

Glenn's plead made me stop and turn to face him. "Please, please, I'll be quiet and won't run off. I promise, just please let me go."

A sigh left my lips as I looked at Daryl who turned to look back at me, waiting for my answer. Looking back at my pleading son in front of me, I sighed and said, "Alright fine."

"Yes!" Glenn said, throwing his fist up into the air. I turned and grabbed my back that sat by the couch, loading the extra supplies now into my own backpack. "What are ya doing?" Daryl asked as I slipped on my jean jacket, before slipping on my backpack.

"With you. I am not missing our son's first time going for a run."

Glenn cheered once again as Daryl smiled and nodded for me to follow him. We all walked outside, checking to make sure we had everything. "Glenn wait," I said, stopping him before he could follow his dad who was headed for the car.

I took off my necklace and sat it around his head, "Remember what I told you. If you ever get lost, if you ever lose hope, you just keep reading that, and you'll be fine."

Glenn admired the necklace, the necklace he'd always ask to read at night before bed. The necklace that never left my neck unless it was going around my son's. The necklace that saved my life more times than I can count.

We followed Daryl, climbing into the car. Before our doors could close, Glenn asked from the backseat, "Can I drive?"

"Like hell you are," Daryl said, making me say as I got into the car before closing the door behind me, "Language."

Glenn enjoyed the runs and he enjoyed the adventures. Any time he came across someone, whether it'd be a person or animal, he never introduced himself as Glenn. He introduced himself as one of The Walking Dead.

Thanks Rick.

Our goal never changed even after Glenn was born. And when he got older, he too shared our goal. Kill as many Walkers as possible and try to restore the city in hopes it would start the new world.

To no surprise, Glenn didn't have many fears. If anything, he was like his father, wanting to catch a deer, skin it, and eat it right way.

But there was one thing, as he got older, that Glenn feared. Love. He was so fearful that he'd never find someone, that he'd never be in love, and that he'd never be married with kids and a house one day.

Even after hearing Daryl and I's story a hundred and one times, he still feared that this Walker World would never bring him love.

I told him the same thing every day, and I would continue to tell him the same thing until I couldn't tell him anymore. "One of these days, you'll be tall, and strong, and fearless, and when you are, when you least expect it, or when you need it the most, that's when you'll find, A Walking Dead Love."

The End

I hope everyone enjoyed the Epilogue. If anyone wants to make any gifs, pictures, or videos for this book for Starlet and Daryl I would love for you to send them to me.

These are some songs that I always think of Starlet and Daryl when I listened to them. Thanks again, hope you enjoyed <3

Certain Things- James Arthur

I Found- Amber Run

I Got You- Bebe Rexha

Heroes- Generdyn ft Zayde Wolf