Chapter 63- We Having Something to Keep Fighting For

A gunshot a few houses down pulled my eyes from the ground, my butt planted on the steps of my porch. Luckily, my house was towards the back, untouched yet by Negan and his men.

I quickly rose to my feet before running towards the sound, seeing Rick doing the same thing.

The shot came from Rick's house.

We swung open the door, revealing Carl pointing a gun at one of Negan's men that was holding a box of medicine. "Put some back or the next one goes in you," Carl said to the man, showing no fear.

The man chuckled, "Kid, what do you think happens next?" "You die," Carl replied, not holding anything back.

"Carl, put the gun down right now," I said, holding out my hand as fear flashed through Rick's eyes at the scene before him. "No! He's taking all of our medicine. They said only half our stuff."

Negan stood in the doorway, finally walking in with a huge smile on his face, "Of course." Carl pointed the gun at Negan, making Rick yell out "Carl!"

Carl didn't listen and spoke to Negan, "And you should go. Before you find out how dangerous we all are."

As much as I hated to admit it, this kid was tough, holding back nothing and showing no fear. I admired it, but also feared it for two reasons. One, what would he do with no fear towards Negan. Two, who would he get killed because he wasn't shutting his mouth.

"Well, pardon me, young man. Excuse the shit out of my goddamn French, but, did you just threaten me?" Negan asked, but Carl said nothing. Negan gestured over to me, "Why don't you ask my daughter over her what happens to people that threatened me? She knows very well what happens."

"Carl, just put it down," Rick said, takin a step towards his son only to be stopped by Negan, "Don't be rude, Rick. We are having a conversation here. Now, boy, where were we? Oh, yeah. You're giant, man-sized balls threatening us. Listen, I like you, so I don't want to go hard proving a point here. You don't want that. I said half your shit, and half is what I say it is. I'm serious. Do you want me to prove how serious? Again?"

Carl was silent, giving Negan the worst look he could. Anger rose through me as I yelled, "Carl give me the god damn gun now!" Negan smiled wide as he looked over at me, impressed with my outburst.

Sighing, Carl handed me the gun before giving Negan one last hatred glance.

"Well, well, well, that, I might say, was quiet impressive. I hate to be your kid and fuck something up. You'd probable cause the kid his death, just like you did with your little friends."

I handed Rick the gun as I kept eyes with my dad, anger rising up in my body but I bit my tongue, knowing the ending result if I didn't.

Negan, seeing I wasn't going to be saying much else, looked over to Rick, "You know, Rick, this whole thing reminds me that you have a lot of guns. There's all the guns you took from my outpost when you wasted all my people with a shit-ton of your own guns, and I'm bettin' there's even more, which adds up to an absolute ass-load of guns, and as this little emotional outburst just made crystal clear, I can't allow that. They're all mine now. So tell me, Rick, where are my guns?"

Rick glared at his son who looked at the ground in shame before hesitantly telling Negan where the guns were.

Negan wasted no time in getting all of his men out of the houses and into the gun garage where Olivia stood waiting with the list of guns in her hands. She gave one of the ladies the paper with shaky hands before watching as the guns were carried out.