Chapter 67- Speeches With The King

Rick, Michonne, Tara, Sasha, Carl, Rosita, Daryl, and I made our way into what looked to be an auditorium. In front was a stage where a thrown sat, a dark man with long braided hair sitting in it. On one side stood two men while on the other sat a giant tiger, the man who I assumed was the king holding a chain to keep it tamed.

All of us stopped in the doorway, watching with shocked eyes as the tiger circled the king, protecting him.

Ezekiel spoke with a loud, happy voice, "Jesus! It pleases me to see you, old friend. Tell me, what news do you bring good King Ezekiel? Are these new allies you've brought me?"

"Indeed, they are, Your Majesty. This is..." Jesus started and turned to point to us only to stop when he saw the wide eyes and shocked faces we had painted on us. "Oh, right. I forgot to mention that-"

"Yeah, a tiger," Rick said, shock in his voice as he stared at the tiger. Slowly, we make our way down the aisle as Jesus spoke. Daryl and I stop at the fourth isle and make our way to the seats, my body immediately sitting down in one as tiredness took over.

God I hate being pregnant.

"This is Rick Grimes, the leader of Alexandria, and these are some of his people." Ezekiel smiled widely, "I welcome you all to the Kingdom, good travelers. Now, what brings you to our fair land? Why do you seek an audience with the King?"

Rick took a deep breath before speaking, "Ezekiel, King Ezekiel. Alexandria, the Hilltop, and the Kingdom, all three of our communities have something in common. We all serve the Saviors. Alexandria already fought them once, and we won. We thought we took out the threat, but we didn't know then what we know now. We only beat one outpost. We've been told you have a deal with them, that you know them. Then you know they rule through violence and fear."

Ezekiel's smiling face dropped as Rick spoke, looking angry as his eyes left Rick and looked to Jesus. He noticed and quickly tried to reassure the king, "Your Majesty, I only told them of the-"

"Our deal with the Saviors is not known among my people, for good cause. We made you a party to that secret when you told us of the Hilltop's own travails, but we did not expect you to share-"

"We can help each other," Jesus said, stopping the continuous interrupting of sentences. One of the men next to the king spoke up, "Don't interrupt the King."

I sighed, leaning back in the chair as my mind was already getting annoyed with this "King". But there was a good feeling about him, one that told me we could trust him and he would help us with the right motivation.

"We have a plan, to stop the Savior's," Rick said, causing Ezekiel to look at him. "And what, Rick Grimes of Alexandria, is your plan?" "We came to ask the Kingdom, to ask you, to join us in fighting the Saviors, fighting for freedom for all of us."

Ezekiel spoke again, seeming to hear Rick's words but not quiet believing the yet, "What you are asking is very serious."

Jesus, seeing everything fall apart around him, said, "I used to think the deal was something we could live with. A lot of us did, but that's changing. So let's change the world, Your Majesty."

Rick sighed, looking at the ground as Ezekiel showed no sign of giving in to our wishes. "I want to be honest about what we're asking. My people are strong, but there's not enough of us. We don't have guns, not enough, at least."

Richard, who seemed to show up out of nowhere, took the stage with The King, "We have people, and weapons." By the sound of Richard's voice, I could tell he was ready to fight and ready to win. He looked to the king in hopes of tempting him. "If we strike first, together, we can beat them. Your Majesty, no more waiting for things to get worse beyond what we can handle. We set things right. The time is now."