Chapter 32- Gunned Down

Daryl's POV

"You did what?" I yelled angrily at Rick. We were standing in the prison, near Starlet's and I'd old room. People below us glanced up at us, clearly wandering what the hell was going on.

So was I.

Rick put his hand up to try and calm me down. "Daryl, she killed two of our own and she didn't even regret it."

"She was trying to protect us! But you wouldn't know that would you? Ya just ignored her and then when you finally came face to face with her you just kicked her to the curb." I yelled at him, making him look at the ground and sigh. "She thought of ya as her brother Rick! She was family! Would you do this to Carl? Or me?"

Rick paused before saying in a calm voice, "Tyreese was already at her..."

I cut him off, "Man we handled that!" I shook my head at him, picking up my crossbow and headed towards the stairs but Rick stopped me. "She's already gone Daryl."

"I'll find her," I said, turning and looking at him with anger and hatred. Rick sat his hands on his hips and looked at the ground. "She's too far ahead."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I asked, taking a couple of steps towards him. Rick looked up at me, "She wanted an hour head start before I told you." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She didn't want me to know? Why? I told her that if she ran, so would I.

Rick must have seen my confusion and continued with, "She knew you would want to go with her if you found out. So she wanted a head start, just in case. She has plenty of food and water. She'll survive."

I could tell by the sound in his voice that he wasn't truly believing that. "Man, stop saying that like you don't believe it!" I yelled at him. Rick was silent, making me pace a little and run my hand through my hair and down my face.

I was pissed at Rick for doing this, but I was angry at Starlet for leaving us like that. Leaving me without even telling me. My hands gripped the railing angrily as I looked down at the people, noticing Carl glaring at his dad once again as he walked outside.

"She didn't deserve to be kicked out. This was her home, her family." I pushed myself off the railing and looked at Rick, pointing a finger in his face, "And now, everyone gets to hate you for kicking her out."

With that I started to head down the stairs, slinging my crossbow over my shoulder. The sound of an explosion outside caught my attention, making me look up at Rick to see a confused and worried expression on his face. That wasn't us.

We quickly ran outside, joining Maggie, Carl, Tyreese, Bob, Beth, and Sasha. The sight I saw only made my anger grow even more. The Governor stood on top of a tank controlled by two men outside of the fences. Two trucks stood next to it, holding a couple of men while more stood around the vehicles.

"Rick! Come down here, we need to talk," The Governor yelled, making Rick glance at Maggie and me before looking down at the ground. When his face returned to look at the Governor he yelled back, "It's not up to me. There's a council now. They run this place."

The Governor smirked as he looked at us before nodding a couple of guys, yelling over to us, "Is Hershel on the council?" One of the men took out Hershel from the truck, his hands tied behind his back as he was pushed to his knees in front of the tank, facing us.

Beth and Maggie looked surprised to see their father outside of the fence, fear soon entering their eyes. "What about Michonne?" The Governor continued, signaling the other guy to bring out Michonne from the truck, her hands also tied behind her back. She was pushed down to her knees next to Hershel.