Chapter 88

~Anna's POV~

Itachi left a few trusted agents on the fields to clear up the mess and took me to the hospital. He had to explain a few policemen who stopped us on the way because I was driving his car just an hour earlier. He used his authority and got away with it. I didn't have the heart or the sanity to say anything. I was numb.

Arriving at the hospital, I quickly went to Max only to know he still wasn't awake. Strangely enough, my doctor, Emma and a few nurses were there and Eric too. The moment I was within sight, they all fixed their eyes on me. I remembered that I had 'run away' from my room.

Uh oh.

Crap.

"I-I am fine! Really!" I tried to no avail. They succeeded in putting me back in that stiff as heck bed and reinserted an IV, rebandaging my bleeding wound and telling me to rest.

Fucking sons of bitches. I have better things to do than be here and waste my time!

Konan and Amalie visited followed by Yahiko. They kept me occupied enough that I forgot Itachi wasn't here. It was only when Shisui barged in to see if I was still here that I realised Grizzly's absence.

"Oi Shisui! Where's Itachi?"

"Punishing the sniper guy and a few other traitors." He answered boredly and sat near my feet.

"That bastard! I still can't hear anything in my right ear!" I exclaimed remembering what that guy needed punishing for.

"Its a miracle though."

"What is?"

"You are alive. Three shots. Two in your arm and you nearly escaped and perforated lung. And you've been running about like a dumb wench losing whatever blood you hadn't already lost! Just think for a moment before doing anything! Your life isn't yours alone, its connected to many others! Don't so selfishly try to end it!"

"Don't be so harsh-" Konan started but I stopped her.

"He's right." I looked at my lap. "I am sorry for causing you all this much trouble."

"At least leave murders to us. Don't stain your hands with such blood anymore." And he was gone.

Itachi didn't visit the whole day or the next when I was discharged on conditions that I would go straight home and just visit Max if its not a strain. Eric said he would be there so I should just rest while I can.

It was again Shisui who was on my duty. Poor guy, keeping an eye on me so I don't do anything rash until Itachi himself could be here. I didn't want to be a burden on Ugly any more than I already had been so I obeyed everything my doctor told me. By nightfall, Shisui was relieved because Itachi arrived.

"Did you punish them manually?" I asked him, pointing to his hands.

"Yes."

Okay....awkward..

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

"I'm not talking to him." I shoved my phone to Itachi who first looked at the i.d then attended the call.

"Hello?....yes... Anna isn't here currently..... She left her phone here...... He'll get better soon, don't get too worried..... Anna is fine and Eric too..... No no, you don't need to, we will handle everything here.... Ok..... Bye." He returned the phone to me.

" What did Manny say?"

" He was worried and said he was coming with the first flight-"

" What?!"