Chapter 28

~Anna's POV~

I knew something was up as soon as Konan went to attend a call and Yahiko went with her. I fiddled with the straw wrapper, avoiding any sort of contact with Itachi.

"Anna." He said.

"What?" I asked bitterly, looking at him without turning my head.

"Listen-"

"This better be good."

" I'm sorry." He said looking away. My anger immediately vanished.

"W-What?" I asked unsure of what I had heard.

"I'm sorry for the way I yelled at you. I'm sorry."

"I didn't mean what, I meant why? I mean I was at fault. You didn't have to apologize."

"But-"

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have said some harsh words." He smiled. So maybe tomorrow it would rain cats.

"And I was thinking maybe..you would..."

" I would what?" I inquired, he was taking too long to ask.

" Um....wanna....um....come to the festival with me...?" Oh man! I wished I had a camera. Itachi was blushing!!

"You are just asking out of sympathy." I stated plainly, my suspicions now confirmed that Konan set this up and Max had a hand in it too.

"No. Consider this as making it up to you for yelling at you."

"Enduring me for a whole evening, that is too much of a punishment-"

"Its not really." Jeez he was persistent. I sighed and looked him finally, coming face to face with him as he had been looking at me all the while. Our eyes met and I saw in them the sincerity of his feelings right now. "So? What do you say?" I sighed again.

"Well, I would love to." I gladly accepted his offer.

" So no hard feelings?"

"What are you saying?! I won't go to the festival with someone who isn't even my friend! Of course no hard feelings! Never had them and never will have them!" I said with a big smile.

"So why did you beat that guy up?" Itachi asked as my food arrived with his.

"Konan said he had a crush on me so she arranged a meeting and then he went all touchy-feely and I simply hate being touched so guess who became the punching bag. And you didn't need to intervene. I had it all under my control."

"Of course you had."

"And honestly if you, being all sensible and smart, end up feeling bad for Tess, then I will be very disappointed in you."

"Wh-"

"I see you both made up! Well how nice is that!" Yahiko chimed in our conversation, all smiles and laughter. I rolled my eyes and enjoyed the company of my dear friends.

~

"See you later Anna! Take care!" Konan waved goodbye at the bus stop. I got on the bus followed by Itachi.

On the walk back home I finally voiced my question.

"Should I wear a yukata?"

"You should. It might suit you." Grizzly replied.

"I guess it might if I tie my hair back. Good thing they are long."

"Yeah what happened to that? Last time I checked you hated the very sight of long hair."

"Mum's wish." Just those two words ended the comfortable air between us.

"Anna." Itachi said and stopped. I did too.

"Hmm?" He looked serious.

"Yahiko told me about your father and Emily." For a moment or two I held a grave expression as well then pouted and ruffled my own hair.

"Why does everyone always spill my secrets so easily? Jeez, friends and family alike." I rolled my eyes when Grizzly still looked a bit serious. "Its not your sympathy nor your pity that I want dear friend. Just help me put the past where it belongs."

~

Enjoy Reading~

Thank You~

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^

~