Chapter 53

~Itachi's POV~

We got to the nearest clinic and I first got Anna's arm bandaged because firstly, her wound was deeper and secondly, the more she saw blood, the worse her condition becomes.

She was already traumatized by not sleeping and that boy's words didn't help at all. I got Anna to sit in the waiting area until I arrived.

After my hand was bandaged, I took care of the bills and then causally strolled to waiting area, constantly thinking of what his words meant.

I was just about to turn the corner but stopped when I spotted Anna, yanking her hair with a really miserable face on.

Her situation is getting worse and worse. I really don't know what to do now.

I came to her and she jolted from her seat with a really worried look on her face.

"D-does it hurt-t?" She asked stuttering. Was she that scared and shocked still?

"Not much. You?"

" I...don't know."

How can she not know? Did she even consider how deep her wound is?

"Come on." I sighed and began walking, Anna soon followed suit.

What should I do? What should I do? What......can I do.......??

I decided that if she talked it out, it would make her feel better despite knowing that it didn't help the last time.

" You.....want to talk about it?" I asked unsure of my decision.

She seemed a little out of it for a while then opened her mouth to speak but no words came out.

I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't stopped her. Would she have killed Dylan?

~Anna's POV~

How can I answer him? What should I say?

"It was a promise." I spoke quietly.

"Hmm?" Itachi inquired.

"He made me promise in his d-dying breath that he shouldn't be the reason if I ever cried."

~

My feet hurt. My breath hitched. My head pounded. Despite those problems, I kept running in the rainy night.

Lightning boomed through the sky and nearly made me jump, but I was focused on something far important.

Please be ok. Please.

I skidded to a halt in an instant when I saw some blood trails on the road nearby. Following it, I saw a body lying on the wet muddy ground.

The vision of it wasn't very clear so I got a little closer to it. Heart was beating out of my rib cage. Breathing got faster.

The instant I recognized the body, I fell to my knees and looked at the body in horror.

"M-marcus.." I choked out on the words.

I thought he was gone, right out of my hands but the slightest movement got me to my senses and I hurriedly crawled to my beloved and placed his head in my lap.

Blood was seeping out of his mouth. Face had numerous cuts. The whole body was like punctured. It scared the shit out of me.

"A-anna..?"

" Who else?" I couldn't help but let some tears flow off my face and onto his'.

"A-are you crying? Or is it the - the r-rain?"