Chapter 49

~Anna's POV~

"AWESOME!! NEW BEN 10 DVD!! GENERATOR REX TOO!! ADVENTURE TIME!!" Max exclaimed happily when

I gave him the DVDs. "Thanks Sis."

"Your turn goons." I gestured to the two bros.

"A SKATEBOARD!! YAY!!" Max jumped up and down in joy and I couldn't help but smile at his childishness.

"I got you Ben 10 toys!" Eric whined.

"That's cool too! Gimme gimme!" Max extended his small arms to Eric. Once he had everything, Max immediately stood from his spot and put the DVD in..

"No no no no no." I walked behind him and unplugged the TV.

"Sis!"

"Its already night. You can play tomorrow. Get some sleep. Alright?" He dropped his shoulders.

"Fine. But first thing in the morning?"

"You don't wanna learn how to skateboard first?"

"WELL YEAH!" I sweat dropped at his tone. It seemed like it was obviously which was not.

"First lesson tomorrow. Wake up early or I won't teach you." I said in a teacher-like manner.

"But you never sleep. What's early?"

"12."

"That's late."

"No its not. Least for sunday it isn't."

"You're just lazy sis."

"I am aren't I? I'm going to try to sleep. Toodles." I waved them all bye and went to my room where I lay down on the bed and tried sleeping and succeeded only to be woken up by the nightmares again.

I let out an exasperated sigh and climbed to the roof through the window. When I got bored of looking at the empty sky, an idea popped in your head and I was soon on my way to the flower field for relaxation. It wasn't that late that the trains had stopped.

I sat by the pond looking at my reflection with bored and empty eyes.

"I hate this." I murmured.

"Hate what?"

I almost jumped up and screamed but didn't because the person who said that was the one and only Grizzly.

"Didn't I tell you not to sneak up on me and scare me?" I asked bitterly.

"Not my fault you're so easy to scare." He said in his defense and came to sit by me.

"What are you doing here at this hour of the night?"

"Same question goes for you."

"I asked first."

"I can't sleep tonight. Its frustrating."

"Welcome to my world."

"What about you? You were allowed to leave the house this late?"

"Everybody was sleeping so I sneaked out. I can't sleep and the best part is, it keeps getting worse every night." I said faking joy.

"And what do you hate?"

" Everything that's been happening. There's a limit to how much of these nightmares I can withstand and that limit is reaching its end."

"Is there something I can do?"

"Nobody can do anything. I can only get peace when either Jake or I die. Just that way things will straighten out. "

"Its like you're in a hurry to die."

"Sometimes I do wish that Jake had killed me too or Marcus shouldn't have come to the house that one night so I wouldn't had to confess and leave the only drug. Come to think of it, I could've easily died. I was in a seriously bad shape."

"That anxious?" Itachi asked raising an eyebrow.

"There's not much left to live for anyway."

"You will die only when your time will come. Until then you're supposed to live, love and enjoy life. So don't you go all " I wanna die " or I will kill you myself."

"Dying by the hands of my rival? Sounds good-"

"I'm not actually going to-" Itachi hurriedly spoke.

"I wonder why." I thought out loud which caused the Uchiha to blush a little. " Enough about me. Why can't you sleep?"

"It happens when I'm stressed about certain things. Good part is, I don't have nightmares."

"Are you mocking me?" I narrowed my eyes at him and pouted.

"No."

"Thank goodness tomorrow is Sunday. Oh ya, I have to teach Max how to skateboard." I tried changing the subject and succeeded.

"You skateboard too?"

"There isn't one thing I can't do."

"Even skydiving?"

"Never tried that but nice idea. I will try that. Without a parachute."

"You can be suicidal."

"I have been."

"I know."

"Aaaand I'm leaving. Its always nice talking to you Itachi.

Don't stay for too long or you'll probably get sick and I seriously don't want that." I said, standing up without even fancying the thought that he should be going home as well.

"Woah wait." I looked at him confused.

"What?"

"You shouldn't be roaming the city alone at night. Are you stupid?" I smiled at his concern then reached my high boots.

"Whoever said I was alone?" I asked him, pulling

out a knife. He sweatdropped and sighed.

"I am going back home as well. You shouldn't be left alone." Itachi said and started walking. I knew what he meant. He just acted tough and all not-caring but he was a softie.

We decided to walk instead of taking a train. Tim called my phone midway and I had Itachi talk to him to reassure him. We also had ice cream and some doughnuts from the convenience store.

I thanked Grizzly for leaving early for me and walking with me for my safety. When I reached my room and thought about this, I noticed his behaviour was quite suggestive. I mean, sure sometimes boys do stuff for just friendship or kindness' sake but for that even Yahiko had his limits. Itachi really just goes out of his way for me. I don't want him to develop anything for me. Yeah like that will ever happen but still.

I fell sleep debating the pros and cons of loving someone again.

Rest of my year at school passed by

with me not being able to have the required hours of sleep and being constantly annoyed with myself for that. But my friends tried helping me and I was grateful for it. Without their help, I think I wouldn't have successfully passed all my terms.

~