But none of it included a rival pack. 

Let alone any other pack. The only pack we've encountered was the army of teenage werewolves Derek was building. So, to see another Alpha, and fight him well... it's a huge cause for caution. Were other packs dangerous? Did they fight for territory or something? I thought all werewolves got along or at least tried so they'd stay united against hunters. Looks like I was wrong apparently since the only other Alpha was encountered tried to kill us on sight. 

"It's my problem. I know you want to help, and you did. I owe you one. Now go home, go back to being a teenager." Derek said, breaking me from my thoughts. I watched as he brought the wolfs bane over to Isaac, breaking it up to start healing him as I continued to hold Isaac's hand. Derek tried giving me this look, telling me I should go home with Scott and not worry about this. 

But I just shook my head, standing my ground. "You're insane if you think I'm leaving Isaac here, I'm staying until he wakes up and I know he's safe." I argued with Derek, not letting go of Isaac's hand. "Besides, as the only one of the four of us who can actually help predict danger before it happens, I think it's safe I stay in case that Alpha shows back up." 

"You can get hurt, don't forget that." Derek said. 

"And I've been training, harder and faster, and I'm stronger than what I was before. You don't forget that. And you never run from a fight so why should I?" I retaliated which seemed to actually cause Derek to smirk at my words. I rolled my eyes but managed to return the small smile, slightly afraid Derek would never smile again if I didn't return the gesture. It's rare to catch the Derek Hale in a good mood, let alone smiling so I'd take advantage while it's happening. 

I looked over at Scott, seeing the look on his face as he was holding his arm. Then, that's when I knew what he was thinking about. Well, looks like Scott's going to cash in that favor Derek owes him right now. 

"Hey, Derek. If you wanna repay back that favor now, there is something you can do for me." Scott said as Derek just looked at him slightly confused. 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Yeah, I see it. It's two bands, right?" Derek asked, analyzing Scott's arm where his tattoo was supposed to be before it healed itself. "What's it mean?" Derek asked Scott. 

Stiles had arrived by now, standing next to me with his arm around me while we just watched the two werewolves in front of us. 

Scott stayed quiet at first, trying to find the words to explain to Derek about why he wanted that tattoo and why he wanted it now. "I don't know. It's just something I traced with my fingers." Scott said, tracing the tattoo into the dust on the table next to him. Derek looked at the two bands Scott traced in the dust, asking Scott why it was so important to him. 

That's when I noticed the sad look on his face.