Chapter 54

A/N: So I'm not sure how many people will read this, but I'm now taking requests on what to update next. If you have a certain book you'd like me to update, feel free to comment on this (or any other) book and/or message me. I'll try to update the book with the most requests from now on. :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 54

"Come on Kellin, don't be scared. Just give me your hand." I shake my head, hugging my arms close to my chest and staring at the lighter in Dad's hand.

"N-n-no....I don't wanna." I whimper out. Dad pouts a bit and shakes his head.

"Kellin, you know this will only make it worse." he said in a calm voice. How could he be so calm? He was trying to hurt his only son. I guess I'm his only son now. I mean, Max didn't want to be my brother anymore so he tried to kill himself yesterday. Well, that's what Dad says. Mommy says that Max was tired of Dad and wanted to get away.

I surveyed the room quickly, trying to find a way out. There was no where I could go. Dad was kneeling on the floor in front of me and there. Besides, if I tried anything like that, it would just make things worse. I knew Dad didn't want that. We were both tired. Mommy and Dad had to start to the hospital last night to do paperwork for Max and I was just plain tired. I didn't get much sleep last night; I was crying almost all night. I had done something else too, something I promised Max I'd never do. It's not like it mattered though. No one would care.

"Come on Kellin. Just give me your hand, then we can go to bed." I looked down at the lighter. Dad had opened it and there was now a flame. I looked down at the floor, deciding it would hurt less to not watch, and gave Dad my hand. I could feel the shaking stop as he took it into his hand. I didn't like this at all. His hands were rough. I felt like it would break my skin because of how tight he was holding it.

Without warning, he dropped my hand over the flame. I jumped and squealed a little out of surprise. I didn't know he was going to burn my hand. I thought he was just going to do my arm, nothing else. It would make more sense that way. It would be easier to hide on my arm.

I wanted to yank my hand back, but I knew better than to do that. It wouldn't help. It would just make it worse. Either way, I think Dad knew I wanted to pull back because he griped onto my wrist tight, moving my hand down in the process. I jumped back again. The pain was so bad. Plus, Dad was digging him nails into my newest set of scars.

Last night, I broke my promise to Max. I found his razor blade and decided to give it a try. It really hurt, but I think I liked it. I couldn't really remember the feeling it gave me because I lost a lot of blood and I was really sleepy, but I think I liked it. It was better than this pain either way. I wish Dad would just let go. I have to go to school tomorrow, and I didn't want to explain how I got a really bad burn on my hand. I was hoping it would just be a first or second degree burn. Maybe I could just say I burned it on a pan.

Dad finally dropped my hand, closed the lighter, and walked out of the room. But he didn't leave without doing something weird.

He patted my head softly and walked by, muttering a quite, "Goodnight."

"Kelly?" Anna whispered, turning to face me. My eyes snapped open and I glanced over at her. She smiles softly and moved her bangs out of her eyes.

Her and I were laying in her bed, attempting to sleep. Ellen and Ethan had told me to sleep in a guest room, but Anna dragged me in here after they went to sleep. She said he didn't want to sleep alone because of the monsters in her closet, and was giggling the whole time, of course.