Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Man Kellin, you suck at video games." Sam says, laughing as I fell of the rainbow track for maybe the fifth time. I laughed as my person, Yoshi, reappeared on the track.

"I know. I can't play much though." Anthony had invited me over after school. I figured I could stay an hour or two. Taylor called Sam and told him to come over. Taylor was sitting in his lap and Sam kept messing him up my nuzzling his face into his neck and doing things like that. Anthony and I were sitting on one of his beanbags.

"Why not?" Sam asked, moving to see the TV. He couldn't really see, since Taylor was blocking his view. I shrugged.

"I don't have a gaming station." He nods and pushes Taylor playfully to the side.

"Taylor I can't see." he said, laughing as Taylor fell onto the beanbag. Taylor laughed and pushed him back. He laid his head on his shoulder and looked up at him, sticking out his tongue. Sam smiled down at him, then looked up at the TV screen again, just as I crashed once again. He laughs.

"I think you hold the record for most crashes in Mario Cart now Kellin." Taylor giggles.

"Stop making fun of Kellin." I laughed and tried to keep Yoshi on a strait path.

"I think I should just quit on let you guys finish." I said, putting the controller down. Anthony shakes his head.

"No don't do that. It's fun to watch you crash." I rolled my eyes and looked at him, elbowing him in the side, making him crash. He glared at me. I gave him an innocent look.

"Oops." He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. I'm still in first place." Taylor laughed and passed him.

"Not anymore." Anthony glared at him and I as Taylor crossed the finish line, fist pumping. Sam smiled and kissed Taylor's cheek.

"I think we should play another game. Maybe we can find something Kellin's better at." Anthony said while walking over to his TV stand and going through the games. "What about GTA?" I shrugged.

"I've never played it." Sam give me a weird look.

"Really dude? You've got to. I love playing it." Taylor giggled.

"I don't think Kellin will be able to drive right on this either." Anthony put the game in.

"We'll go oldest to youngest okay? Me, Kellin, Sam then Taylor. Just like usual." Sam and Taylor nod.

"Um Anth? I don't really know how to play." I said shyly. I felt stupid when we played video games together. I didn't know how to do anything. Anthony smiled and sat down beside me.

"I'll teach you. It's not much different from Mario really. Same controls. Plus you're driving, which is why you'll most likely do horrible on it." I laughed and hit his arm lightly.

"You wanna go last? You know, that way you know what you're doing." I nod and sit cross legged, waiting for Anthony to start the game. He pressed a have buttons, then the screen lighted up with the game's name and a few pictures.

"What we usually do is get a car, turn the wanted level to five and see who can last the longest." Anthony said with a smile, typing in something that made a car appear. He got into it, then typing in another code that made five stars appear in the top right corner.

"Alright. Taylor, start the timer."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Alright guys. I guess I should go." I said, standing up. It was 4:30, well past time for me to be home. Taylor pouts and looks up at me.

"Do you have to?" I nod sadly.

"Yea. Dad and mom would want me home by now." I said, even though I knew mom would rather me stay here. But, if I didn't go home, dad would probably kill me. Two days without seeing me is just too much for him I guess. I really didn't know though. He may kill me now. I have no doubt that he'll be mad at me after mom and I stayed at Anthony's house. This happened before with Katie. I spent the night at her house one day when we were little and when I got back, he accused me of telling Katie about how he treated us and beat me, even though he knew I didn't. The same will go for Anthony and Taylor.

"Hey Kellin?" I turned around to face Anthony, hoping that he'll tell me that I should stay. I wouldn't stay either way, but it would feel nice to know I was at least welcomed. He smiled.

"Can I have me beanie?" I try to laugh a bit and shake my head.

"Nope. It's mine now." His smile grows a bit.

"You should keep it. It goes with your eyes." I smile a bit, and nod.

"I'll give it to you tomorrow okay?" If I make it to tomorrow. He smiles and nods.

"That'll be just fine." I turned back around, ready to go but at the same time not ready to go.

"Kellin?" I turn back around to see Anthony standing up and grabbing a jacket.

"Come on I'll drive you." I shake my head as he walks past me.

"Kellin it's pouring down rain. I'm not letting you walk home through that. I don't care if our house is only a few minutes apart, you're not walking through that." I look down and nod.

"Okay. Thank you Anthony." He smiles.

"No problem. Sam, Taylor, you guys can keep playing video games together if you'd like." They both smile and nod, Sam picking up the controller. I followed Anthony out of his door and down the hallway. He stops in front of the front door, sighing.

"Kellin, are you sure you have to go? You're welcome to stay. I mean, I'm not trying to sound like I'm judging you or your home life or anything but you don't look like you want to go home." I look down and nod, wishing I could stay. I was dreading home right now.

'See this is why you shouldn't have trusted him! Because he brought you to his house and made you stay, you're going to get beaten worse. This is his fault.' I shake my head, trying to get those thoughts out. It wasn't his fault. I mean, he thought he was doing good by letting me stay. He doesn't know that it could end up killing me.

"Y-yea. I have to go. Dad will probably be mad that I didn't tell him where I was yesterday." He nods and opens the door before looking at me.

"Do you not have a bigger jacket? It's cold outside." I shake my head and look down.

"No. But this is fine. It's gone through plenty of winters, it can get through this one too." I said, forcing a smile. He sighs and nods, walking out. I follow after him.

He was right. It was freezing. I cross my arms and walk quickly, wanting to get out of the cold. I don't know how I'd put up with the coldness in our house. It was always cold in our house, except for the living room, kitchen and dad's room of course. It was always warm in those rooms. The guest room would be warm when we had guest, which was never. Mom and I had a blanket we shared, and we had each other. I was usually cold though, so I wasn't really a help for her. She was always warm though. After about an hour of laying down with her next to me, I'd be a little warm, just warm enough to keep her from shivering. I got into Anthony's car, instantly feeling warmer when I did. He looks over at me and smiles a bit.

"Warm enough?" I quickly nod and try to smile back. The ride there was silent, which made me very uncomfortable. I looked out the window, wishing that I could just disappear. I felt the car stop and looked up at Anthony, who was looking at me.

"This is your house right?" I looked out the window, squinting a bit. I needed glasses, but I never told mom. We don't have the money to buy a pair and, if I told her, she insist that we buy some. I just figured that I'd get by in school by copying my notes off Anthony. He didn't mind though. I nodded once I saw that it was mine.

"Yea. See you Anthony." He smiles as I get out of his car.

"Bye Kellin.Bring me my beanie tomorrow!" I smile and nod, closing the door and running to the front door, dreading going in. I looked back and saw Anthony's car sitting in our driveway. He sat there for a few minutes and I stood up at my porch, acting like I was looking for my keys until he left. As soon as I was sure he was gone, I opened the door. It was hardly ever locked, but mom alway kept a key under the welcome mat. The door opened to relive a sight I'd rather not see.

Blood. Just blood everywhere.