Chapter 44

Chapter 44

"Just let me cheek his bandages Anthony."

"No mom he's fine. I changed them last night after he went to sleep."

"Well let me give him some more pain kill-"

"Mom no. He was practically high on them last night. If he needs anymore, I'll give him some. He doesn't right now. He's sleeping."

"Okay Anthony if you're sure....You know what to do if the hous-"

"Yes mom I know what to do if the house catches on fire. Just relax and go to work alright? Don't worry about us. We've got Anna and Cody here too."

"Okay Anthony....Don't forget to-"

"Yes mom. I know. I'll drop Taylor off at school."

"Okay. Bye hun. Be safe. I love you. We need to get you a hair cut soon day soon."

"No mom we don't. I like my hair like this."

"But it looks cute when it's short! Aww you were the cutest little boy with your hair all short and-"

"Yea yea yea mom I know. Look you need to get to work. You're gonna be late. Bye mom. I love you."

"Bye Anthony. I love you too." Their whole conversation was barely audible to me. My head hurt badly. I felt too hot. My whole body was hurting badly. I felt someone move my hair back and opened my eyes slowly, looking up at Anthony. I quickly closed my eyes again though. It hurt too much to open them. Anthony was wrong. I needed some pain killers. I let out a small mom and closed my eyes tight, trying to make the head ache go away.

"Hey buddy. Feel any better?" I shake my head, wincing from the pain.

"Where are you hurting?" I opened my eyes slowly and look up at him. I wished he would turn off his lights. That would help the head ache.

"E-e-everywhere...." I could barely talk. My mouth was dry and it hurt to even try. He nods and turns around.

"I'll get you some pain killers okay?" I lift my head up a bit, looking up at him. He was already walking to the door.

"Anth?..." He stops at the door and turns around to look at me.

"Yea Kellin?"

"C-could you get me some water too?..." I ask shyly. He smiles and nods, turning back around.

"Anthony?" I felt bad for asking him to do things for me, but it's not like i could do it myself. He turns back around and looks at me, raising an eyebrow.

"Could you turn off the lights? I'm sorry it's just that it's giving me a head ache and..." I trial off, unable to finish my sentence because of the pain. I close my eyes again, whimpering softly.

"Yea sure buddy. Don't apologize. It's fine." I could hear him switch of the lights and smile a bit. The head ache went away a bit after that. It wasn't all of it, but it was a bit of relief and I was happy for that. I was almost back to sleep when someone sits on the bed beside me. My eyes snap open and look up to see Anna. I give her a soft smile as she brushes back my hair. I was glad she was here. I was happy to see her.

"Hey Kellin." she whispers, kissing my temple softly. I smile, glad she was whispering.

"Hey Anna." She smiles and hands me a bowl. I look down at it. Strawberries. There were cut-up pieces of strawberries in it. I looked up at her. I didn't want to eat. I didn't feel hungry. Then again, I never ate. My mind was so used to hunger that I dind't even feel it anymore. She kisses my cheek and pets my hair.