~|ZaneXReader(Part 1)|~

📚A/N📚 ~ Hi guys! Welcome to another OneShot! I apologize for the very long wait. I decided to do a ZaneXReader and at first, I had written a 2,000 word (almost 3,000) OneShot but, I decided to redo it because the introduction for the story was way too long, so here I am! I have a better story concept and a shorter introduction but, this OneShot was also very long (story wise) so I will be posting two parts to this! But, anyways, let's get started!

Requested By: @Kat_Storiez

~(Y/N)'s POV~

Aphmau paced around the room, a worried yet exhausted expression plastered on her face. The Lord of Phoenix Drop had been through restless nights after she found out we were going to war with none other than the kingdom of O'khasis.

"Lord Aphmau, please calm down.", Garroth said, holding a hand out, but Aphmau didn't respond to his calming gesture.

"I just can't! The people of my village are at stake and it's all my fault! How can I calm down when I know we are going to war!?", she exclaimed nervously, all of our expressions filled with worry. However, I looked straight up, my face having determination written all over it.

"Lord Aphmau, worrying will get you nowhere at a time like this. You need to clear your mind, calm down, and think this through.", I said, catching everyone's attention. Aphmau looked at me before breathing in and out, knowing what I said was true. She closed her eyes and sighed slowly, making me smile, knowing our Lord had a clear state of mind and could think a plan through. She reopened her eyes and looked at us, not a hint of fret in her eyes, just resolution.

"Thank you (Y/N). This isn't the time to panic. Right now, we need to think of a plan and make sure O'khasis doesn't start a war with Phoenix Drop.", we all nodded, agreeing with Lady Aphmau's words.

"Alright, so does anyone have any ideas?", she said, wanting our opinion to be taken in as well. We all stayed quiet, everyone, including me, being dumbfounded on what to say. What could work to stop a whole war between two villages? The longer I thought, the more I remembered my past, causing a shiver to run down my spine. Although my past was replaying in my mind, a light bulb lit up in my head, giving me an answer to my question.

"I'll do it.", I instantly exclaimed, everyone looking over at me.

"Do what?", Dante asked, causing me to slightly frown. Regardless of everyone's, confusion, Aphmau was the first one to realize what I was planning.

"(Y/N), are you sure you want to do it, you know, it being related to your past.", everyone's eyebrows raised, but nonetheless they ignored their incertitude and looked at me.

"Yes. I'm certain this will be our advantage over them.", before anyone could react, Aphmau sighed and looked at me, her eyes once again clouded with fret.

"Alright, just come back safely. Got it?", I nodded before bringing her into a hug, knowing the decision I made was a chance of life or death.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I sneakily ran through the thick woods, keeping an eye on the tall brick wall that surrounded O'khasis. Alright, just need to grab momentum and get over the wall. Seems impossible, but with the experience I have, I'm sure it'll be a piece of cake. I picked up the pace, doubling my speed to get a good head start. The mission was pretty dangerous considering how many guards the kingdom had, but if it's for Phoenix Drop, I'll happily risk my life to save it. In a couple of minutes, I was out of the woods, but unfortunately there were guards in the way of my target. Shoot! I quickly went into the woods once more, my mind trying to conjure up a solution. In that moment, I had remembered how prepared I came to this life risking journey. I immediately went for the bag that was wrapped around my waist and began to scavenge through the items that were in it, finally being able to find what I was looking for. As my finger tips grazed the smooth surface, I got a hold of it, my eyes seeing a thick aqua liquid kept in a shiny glass bottle.
I smiled, knowing the Lucinda's work would pay off in the end. I took the top off and drank the ill tasting fluid, almost wanting to spit it out. However, I felt some sort of empowering energy boost and was somehow injected with adrenaline that made my blood pump. My body gave off aqua bubbles meaning that the potion was doing its job.