Goodbye

Chapter 60

" Goodbye."

Rochelle Quinn's POV:

- Warning: Mention of Suicide and Childhood Abuse-

"You go and fight for your family."

I send him a small smile, squeezing Kenzie's hand.

"You better look after him, Kace." I demand, raising an eyebrow as he chuckles at me.

"It's my job."

"Kace." Keegan runs into the room, panting terribly. He looks like he's seen a ghost. "They're here."

"Who are?"

"Mom...Mom and Dad."

- - - - - - - - - -

I freeze, my heart pausing as I noticed two figures stood silently down the corridor.

Kace flew past me before I could even speak, going to attack his father once again. Alec appears out of thin air and jumps in front of him, preventing him from reaching his parents.

My blood boils, and at that moment I want nothing more than to punch the motherfuckers.

I want to make them bleed like they've made Kenzie bleed.

They're the reason why Kenzie's in this place.

They're the reason I almost lost him.

They're the reason why I could still lose him.

"You have a lot of guts coming here after what you did." Kane hissed from behind me. Yet unlike his twin, he didn't make a move to attack them.

Alec shared a look with Ivan, obviously creating a silent agreement between themselves. They want to hurt Kyle Jensen just as much as I do.

"Listen to me." Alec's gruff voice spoke, making sure Kace's gaze aligned with his. "I'll get him back for what he did to Kenzie but this is not the time. If you fight here, they won't let you back in. Your brother needs you here."

Kace stopped fighting. Fixing his parents with one last glare, he turned around and followed his brothers back into Kenzie's room.

"Why are you here?" I questioned, relaxing slightly as Skylar squeezed my hand.

Mrs Jensen looked to her husband, a miserable glimmer illuminating her iris'. The man stared at me with a void expression, my eyes caught the faded bruises on his face.

I bit my lip to stop a smirk decorating my face.

"We heard about Kenzie. I want to see him." Katherine Jensen said softly.

I nodded my head stiffy. I take a deep breath as I move back into Kenzie's room.

All the Jensen's tensed up. Kade's jaw locked, his glare set firmly on his mother and step father. "Don't come near me or I swear I'll kill you."

He might be a Jensen, but that's all Rossi.

"Kenzie, baby?" Mrs Jensen sobbed, clutching his cold hand like it was her last opportunity in the world.

"Kenzie." Sobs shook her body violently as the emotions overwhelmed her.

I didn't feel anything towards her.

"It was because.." She hiccupped. "Because of us...Because, your dad...He...He just wanted what was best for you, to make you strong."

Strong? What?