Just a dream

Chapter 6

" Just a dream."

Rochelle Quinn's POV:

Just like the night before, I woke up to a loud scream coming from the other room. I instantly recognized it as the same one from the night previous.

Kenzie.

I thought back to his words from just hours ago.

  I don't need some pathetic, worthless girls help, who's only here because no family wanted her.

He told me that he doesn't need my help yet his screams were begging for aid.

Do I stay or do I go?

Fuck it.

I repeated my actions from last night and went into the boys room, and I was greeted with the same harsh stench of sweat. However, instead of a thrashing, scared boy, I found a still figure lay on the dark bed-sheets.

Kenzie lay completely still, as if he was frozen in place, but the whimpers and screams still escaped his mouth painfully.

"Kenzie? Yo, Dracula. Wake up, Vampy." I whispered, sitting down next to the bed so my mouth was close to his ear. "Wake up, Dracula."

He whimpered again, his hands moving slightly as he clenched his fists together into the sheets.

"For fucks sake." I muttered before sitting near him and trying to shake him awake. "Kenzie wake up, it's just a dream."

His eyes shot open, looking at the ceiling terrified.

"He's here. He's here. No. No, he's here." Kenzie repeated again and again, refusing to move his eyes away from the ceiling.

"Kenzie, I'm here. It's me. Rocky." I soothed, reaching out a hand cautiously and placing it on his arm which only caused him to flinch.

"No Rocky, he's here. You need to run, he's coming. He'll hurt you." Kenzie panicked, his voice tense and afraid.

"No ones going to hurt me, Kenz." The nickname slipped out of my mouth as I tried to reassure him, "He's not here, okay? It's just me."

"Just you?"

"There's really nobody here but me and you. Do you want me to look around the room with you so you can check?" I asked quietly, watching his eyes attempting to focus. Nightmares weren't a forgein thing to me.

"N-No." He stuttered shakily, "What time is it?"

I checked my phone, "2.08am."

He huffed and pulled himself upwards so he was in a sitting position. I stared at him puzzled so he explained for me.

"No point going back to sleep, I'll just have another nightmare."

"Try?" I suggested weakly. I was fairly shocked when he nodded his head tiredly and lay back down.

"Will you stay with me?" He asked groggily, half closing his eyes.

"Um, sure." I said hesitantly. Kenzie lifted up the sheets and moved over so I could climb in.

I stayed on one side while Kenzie stayed on the other.

He didn't have another nightmare.

<.>.<.>.<.>

"I saw you."

I spun around as the voice came out of nowhere. I rolled my eyes at the twins serious gaze.

"Which one are you again?" He narrowed his eyes at me, "Oh, never mind. I know its you now, Dickwad."

"I saw you." He repeated again.

I moved around, looking all around the room until I found the mirror fastened onto the wall.

"I see me too." I smiled sarcastically and pointed at my reflection.

" I saw you leave Kenzie's room this morning. What do you think my Mom and Dad will do if I told them that the new delinquent foster is fucking my brother?" Dickwad snarled aggressively, yet due to his baby face and cute features, he just looked like an angry puppy.

"Are you hallucinating again?" I faked being concerned. "Keegan told me about your hallucinations, do you need to go back to the doctor?"

His eyes became darker, "What are you talk-?"

"Keegan said this would happen." I shook my head, trying not to laugh. "He said that you're not aware of the hallucinations and that I'm going to have to take you to a doctor before you kill somebody again."

"I'm not fu-"

"She's joking, Kace."

I chuckled at Dickwads puzzled expression. His younger brother stared at me with amusement dancing in his irises.

"Hey, Dracula." I greeted cheerfully, grabbing an apple off the side.

"Shell." He nodded his head in greeting before sitting down at the table.

Ice cold shivers ran through my veins.

"Shelley. Shelley. Where are you, Shell? Come out and play."

"Shell?" Dickwad and I spoke at the same time, disgust and shock coming from both of us.

"Your new nickname." Dracula continued as I stared daggers at him, "You have nicknames for all of us, this is my nickname for you."

"No, no. Absolutely not. I refuse." I fumed dangerously, almost daring him to say it again. My breathing accelerated as my mind fought ruthlessly against the memory. "Do you want me to break your nose?"

"Dare you." Vampy offered, to which I smirked at.

Kace caught me before I dived on him, holding me tightly backwards as I thrashed forwards trying to reach Dracula.

"Go to hell," I hissed, fighting violently against the twins hold.

"Funny story, Satan still has a restraining order against me, asshole." The boy replied amused.

I headbutted Kace and fought relentlessly until he released me.

His hand instantly went up to his bloody nose, "Shit, not again."

"So violent." Dracula taunted, stepping backwards.

"Bite me, bitch." I barked threateningly, " You better do some vampy, mystical bullshit and disappear before I catch you."

He sent me a full blown grin which sent butterflies into my stomach. He ran out of the patio doors without looking back.

"See ya, Rae."

"Fucking bitch." I muttered before resuming the contamination of my sweet apple.

"Was that really necessary?" The other twin, Kane, came in and pinched his brothers nose, which earned a cry from Dickwad.

I shrugged nonchalantly, "It was fun."

******************

Hello everyone!

How are you all today?

Please Vote! Comment! And follow!

Question of the chapter: Favourite artist?

Thank you all for reading!

Lotta Love,

Laska xx💞